Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How handle on-line registration w/day-of match fee payment

Nimitz

So I've got my matches setup with on-line pre registration but we still have shooters pay match fees when they arrive. How does everyone handle checking in shooters & checking off that they have paid their match fees. Is there some place in Practiscore where you can check off that a shooter has paid or do you just have a printout of the squads & check off each shooter as they pay?

Edited by Nimitz

I would just print a competitor listing in alphabetical order and bring it, and cross folks off as they showed up and gave me money. Those not crossed off when the shooters' meeting started get moved to squad 99 (the no-show squad) and then I would be ready to distribute the match to the stage devices.

We have a sign-in/waiver sheet at the match site for all participants, payment is marked there. Alongside is a self-squadding sheet. Anyone who didn't self-squad will be assigned as needed to balance squads. Same on-site procedure we used before pre-registration was an option.

If you're using clubs.practiscore.com, you can wait until they pay to flip them to Approved. Only Approved shooters will be synched to the tablet device when you enter the sync code, the rest stay in limbo.

No shows are a bit of a hassle with squadding, but I keep an eye on it throughout registration and usually know if I need to combine squads or where to intersperse walk-up registrations.