Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Drill Cards

sophiasmith

Does anyone know where I can find a concise list or book of drills I could use to practice for USPSA matches? A friend of mine has a deck of cards with individual drills on each card (coolest thing!!) and will not tell me where he got them or where I can find such a list or book of drills. He insists I should visit the forum and they will all be there. I have spent over an hour of time I could be practicing or for goodness sake doing something more productive than searching the web for drills and have finally given up the hunt and decided to post and see if anyone out there knows of such a thing and is kind enough to share some information............

I made my own set on some note cards, so that when I find something I need to work on I can add it into the mix. Not to mention being a lot cheaper, I also like having it tailored to the type of space I have open to me.

have never seen those cards before but unless they come with a lot of amplifying info you'll be missing a lot of the nuiances that go with each drill if you don't have something like Seeklander's or Stoeger's or Anderson's books which provide all that detail .... there's a lot more involved to successful training then simply running drills over and over again ...

Edited by Nimitz

I'm currently working out of Ben Stoeger's book. I think it's fantastic. It's not note cards, but it would likely fit in your range bag. I may check out Steve Anderson's new book at some point, but at this time I'm trying to adhere to Ben's whole training system he has out there.

Here's his drills book, Skills and Drills: For the Practical Pistol Shooter

http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/Skills-and-Drills-by-Ben-Stoeger-p/skills-drills.htm

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working out of Ben Stoeger's book. I think it's fantastic. It's not note cards, but it would likely fit in your range bag. I may check out Steve Anderson's new book at some point, but at this time I'm trying to adhere to Ben's whole training system he has out there.

Here's his drills book, Skills and Drills: For the Practical Pistol Shooter

http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/Skills-and-Drills-by-Ben-Stoeger-p/skills-drills.htm

I'm doing the same and they have cut my Par times by 30% in less than one month.