Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 rear sight install

So I love my 1301 and shoot it very well. When I went to the range to shoot slugs I would shoot great and the gun shoots slugs like lasers, but in matches I wouldn't shoot slugs well for some reason. When I was at the freedom munitions match a couple weeks ago I saw a 1301 with a 1911 rear sight and it seemed to work very well. So I called Steve Rose of Rose Action Sports and told him what I wanted and he hooked me up! I can now make 100 yard slug shots pretty easily with the gun and was super impressed with his work. abc593549132f209318f7a0f2c8fd777.jpg20e40c01deba3f552eba366ba49cd484.jpg09aedef361007248abc215e1f630416e.jpg

So I love my 1301 and shoot it very well. When I went to the range to shoot slugs I would shoot great and the gun shoots slugs like lasers, but in matches I wouldn't shoot slugs well for some reason. When I was at the freedom munitions match a couple weeks ago I saw a 1301 with a 1911 rear sight and it seemed to work very well. So I called Steve Rose of Rose Action Sports and told him what I wanted and he hooked me up! I can now make 100 yard slug shots pretty easily with the gun and was super impressed with his work.

It makes for an interesting sight set up, but I was more impressed with your 100 yard off hand shooting!

1301s2_zpsv8t9n8c7.jpg

1301s6_zpsrhxpd1sb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Well an update on the rear sight install. I shot my first match since the sights were installed. Went 1 for 1 on every slug target in the match with slugs out to 90 yards. First time ever doing that. Had other guys use my sight and also went 1 for 1. It made a huge difference for me.

Well an update on the rear sight install. I shot my first match since the sights were installed. Went 1 for 1 on every slug target in the match with slugs out to 90 yards. First time ever doing that. Had other guys use my sight and also went 1 for 1. It made a huge difference for me.

Looks like a great idea, kudos to both you and Steve. I would consider installing that sight if I bought a new shotgun. But if I buy a new shotgun, I really want a Tooth&Nail 1919 open gun.

Edited by The Donald

Op, can you still move the rear notch for windage? In the pics, it looks like the rear blade was cut to fit on the rib.

Yes, the sight is still fully adjustable. The only thing I have altered on the sight is I had Steve take around half the height of the sight blade so the front bead would be point of aim point of impact when you lined it up and it also made be sight less intrusive.

Awesome!

Shooting slugs is a weakness for me. Usually no problems from a bench, but trouble during a match.

I'll be looking into having one mounted as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I know I'm digging up bones with this thread...

However, this is awesome.  I was shooting slugs like s#!t today.  Anyone know of a solution that mounts to the 1301 comp pro without machining the rail?  Even from a bench I'm shooting to the right.  Tried figuring out a workable hold.  No real luck.  I'd like a low pro express adjustable setup like this.

TIA

8 hours ago, dogtired said:

There are some screw on turkey sights that may work for you.

Thanks, looked at some of those.  I'm going to have Briley install their rear express sight and do a few other things.