Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need some help with design

triromad

Let me start by saying that I am not an expert at running competitions. I have shot a few, but that is about all. I have been tasked to run my unit shoot. I am trying to come up with a decent design and would like some help. Below is what I am working with.

Weapon

M9 Beretta

M4 Carbine

Range is a 25 meter flat range that we can move lateral or forward.

There are no berms on the side so all round have to be fired straight forward.

Would like to fire from static positions with multiple reloads. I can break up the weapons or use them together.

Would like to add some stress prior to event start to get heart rate up.

Thank you for any help.

Dave

What is the intended rd count? What targets are available? Are you wanting a forced reload due to number of targets or just a mandatory reload at designated locations? For heart rate have them carry some full ammo cans down and around a cone. Have them do 5-10 8 count body builders. They are lots of options to increase heart rate prior or during the course of fire.

I am no pro but I usually can design a decent stage. With the confines that you describe, I would set up the rifle shots on the diagonal to stretch out the distance. First shots would be the longest. As the shooter closes on those targets, other targets would present on tangents. Cover and obstacles would add difficulty. Zig zag thru a short range to make it larger.

Transition to the pistol could occur quickly or after most of the range is covered. You could even have the shooter back out and engage the rifle targets a second time.

I just reread the range description and side berms are helpful.

Edited by dogtired

Get your heart rate up?

At the buzzer run down the range 25yards. Shoot pistol targets working backwards up the range. Switch to rifle and either shoot down range prone or work back down range with rifle.

Talk about a work out!

• 1 month later...

there are a lot of resources out there if you would do a google search for uspsa stage design and other variations of such. that's what I did/do when nothing comes to mind or I want to break it up a little