Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving target repair parts

Hey all,

I got as texas windmill in need of repair. The thing fell and busted the two bearings mounts that the center shaft spins on. I'm having a hard time finding something local to replace them with. (ok, I havent tried that hard.) For those unfamialr with the set up. Its just like a swinger. a 3/4'' shaft piviots on two bearing supports that are attached to plate steel. I need to find replacement bearing supports. I tried Home Depot and OSH but thats about it. Any suggestions?

I rather not get them form the manufacturer of the windmill as the bearings used were rather flimsy. I want somthing stonger like the bearings used on the MGM movers or the R&R racing movers. Thanks for the help

Eric they are called 'pillar bearings". You should be able to get them at a quality farm supply store. But a bearing company will definitely have them.

Of course you could retire it to the front yard, roof top, etc and hang Christmas lights off it. :lol:

You broke a cast-iron pillow block bearing? How far did that prop actually fall? You skidding the suckers out the back of C-130's or something? You do realize that you can buy just the replacement sheet-metal brackets for a few dollars each, right?

• 3 months later...

Hello Other Eric

You Should be able to pick the Bearings up at most Lumber supply places Home Depot Does not carry them lowes carries them but Seasonaly only about 4 dollars a piece. They Will spin if the don't have the Foan Pice between the Bearing hub an the Mount bracket. The Bearing we use work good even when I knocked mine over a few times You must have really SMACKED that one. We have our blow over when we did no stake it down But No Problems in the Last three Years from any one else. Did we Build this one for You? We used these Bearing to try to keep the cost down. The windmills were only $70.00 when I first started building them and then the Steel price Went through the Roof. SHould Be able to Just un bolt the Housing and add the Foan piec back around the bearing housing and reassemble.

Robert