Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Cuts

ppierceall

In competition do extra slide cuts help? ie. the G-35 and G-34 already have a window cut in the slide if you were to make more slide cuts do you it helps with time because of a lighter slide or do you think a lot of it is for looks?

I would disagree that it is not noticeable. I think you can feel a big difference, even 1/2oz. Some like a slower slide some like a faster slide. It's all personal, it is not for everyone. Everyone has a different opinion on what they like for recoil. Some like a slower slide, some like a faster slide. It's all personal preference. There's no right or wrong either way.

I prefer a very light/fast slide.

Edited by echotango

I have an aftermarket lightened slide and have shot it back to back with a stock slide. Both shooting the same major PF .40 ammo with the same 15lb ISMI recoil spring. I think the lightened slide is 2oz. lighter than the stock slide.

Yes, it makes a difference. The recoil feels different and the sights move faster with the lighter slide so I feel like I am back on target faster. I have never done it on a timer so I can't say if it's really faster back to target or if it's just mental.

It does not feel like less recoil. It actually feels like more recoil but it happens faster.

I prefer the lightened slide but it might not be for everyone.