Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from San Diego

Ruber

Hello all!

Totally new to this forum, but I've been enjoying it, so I thought I should join.

In the shooting world, I started with trap then spent quite a lot of time shooting high power matches with my dad when he retired. Then came a son and I slowed down on the long guns.

My brother in law got me into practical handgun shooting, but I never excelled at that, but took to handgun silhouette. At least I got to where I could be in local competitions and still have a wife to come home to. Still, I loved my Hi Powers and wanted to shoot autos well.

Along came son 2, and all shooting slowed down, but I had lots of late nights with the lights on low, perfect for reading. A couple years ago my wife got me Brian's book on practical shooting and I had the time to read it through and through again.

The boys are old enough now that I'm getting some shooting time in. I'm taking my oldest boy to the local CMPs and I'm getting some time with handguns. Something gelled, and reading Brian's book brought it all together, and I gotta say it was the best thing for my handgun shooting in 20 years, so I found myself here.

I still spend time on the CMP forum and Shotgun World, and recognize some folks from other forums too, but am really here to learn as much as I can.

Thanks all for welcoming me in!

-Ruber (aka Red)