Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I have had it with pick up tubes. I have read many posts about the RF100. Many encouraging,, some not. There are three questions I could not get answered reading existing posts.

1) How difficult is it to change from small to large primers. Do you have to readjust the equipment every time you switch?

2) Does it fill the Dillon pickup tubes I have now or do I have to buy special tubes?

3) How loud is it. Will I be able to hear my TV while this is running?

OK, make that four questions :)

4) How long does it take to fill a primer tube?

Thanks

Dave

1. It takes less than 5 minutes to change. Leave the lid off and it is easy to adjust it where you need it.

2. No need for the tubes you have now. It fills it's own tube.

3. It is fairly loud, so just turn it on during commercials ;)

4. It takes about one minute, runs for about 2, you can switch it off when the tube is full manually.

I have no affiliation with Dillon, but it is really worth it. I hated punnching all those &$*@(*(&$ primers by hand. I think it gives you carpal tunnel ;)

3) How loud is it. Will I be able to hear my TV while this is running?

four questions :)

4) How long does it take to fill a primer tube?

3) Very loud. but....

4) I found a way to tweak the (internal) trimpot to make it run less. It only takes about 45 seconds to fill a tube, so the other 2:15 of noise is just wasted time. If you are knowledgable in the ways of electricity, that's all you need to know to figure it out. If not, I'm not going to say more because you will be working directly with live AC and that's serious business.

Thanks for the information guys. I think I will have to break down and buy one.

Eric, when I do get one I may ask you more on setting the timer to turn of sooner. I am not an electrical expert but I did wire my own house and it has not burned down yet :)