Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore Steel Challenge - Default Division List

RaylanGivens

I had problems at last months Steel Challenge match... I renamed most of the default division names to make them easier for registrars to enter new shooters on match day. That turned out to be a bad idea!

Some shooters got registered in "RFPI" and some randomly got registered in "Rimfire Pistol Iron Sights" (the new division I created to replace "RFPI"). That caused those shooters to be separated in the tabulated "Match Results" output. Match could be salvaged, but it was not a desireable situation. I originally posted about that problem here... http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215372

Still have trouble reverting to the default Steel Challenge divisions for a new "Steel Challenge: Blank" match. I keep getting the old divisions that caused problems.

These seem to be the default Steel Challenge divisions:

ISP

ISR

OSR

PROD

SS

OPN

LTD

RFPI

RFPO

RFRI

RFRO

SGP

We use two additional divisions:

SASSrifle

Carbine

If I start a new "Staal Challenge: Blank" match and limit the divisions to these 14 divisions, will that stop the problem noted above from happening? Not sure if using shorter names with no spaces will help, but I'll try that too.

Is there any way to reset the "Steel Challenge: Blank" divisions to the default list noted above?

Unfortunately, "OPN" keeps changing to "Open" for me too... 1.2.29...

The short answer is No. If you change RFPI to "Rimfire Pistol Irons" and then sync to stage tablets and enter scores when you sync back you're also going to get RFPI back.

The long work around that would be a PITA to do every month is to go to each stage device and then divisions and remove the check from the division you don't want to sync back to the master.

What is interesting is in addition to RPFI coming back my modified division came back as well as the SASSRifle and Carbine divisions I added.

I didn't test this but I suppose you could pull all of the scores and then before generating results go into the list of divisions and remove those you don't want to keep. You can't remove a division if it has scores so it should be easy to identify those to remove.