Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Easier way to clean CZs

ES13Raven

Anyone else have a CZ that cleans up like this?

This is after 5 matches. TiteGroup sure is dirty.

I'm thinking an Ultra Sonic cleaner would be easier. Anyone use one?

Any issues with cleaning a CZ using ultrasonic?

jfINgJk.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used a Ultra Sonic cleaner to clean my AR BCGs and bolts , Some Hot water and simply green and 4 hours always got them nice and carbon free, make sure you don't have anything aluminium thought it will rust.

Purchased a sharpertek ultrasonic cleaner. Had great success cleaning my 2011 and my wife's XDm 5.25. Tried it on my nephews CZ and it came out spotless. You will still have to run a brush with copper solvent through the barrel. I am using the sharpertek gun cleaner but plan on changing to the MPro7. I turn the heat up to 170 deg. And use the sweep function for 45 min. With most cleaners you will need to preheat the cleaning solution. I also rinse the gun in a clean tub of water then blow it out with compressed air.

I put the lube tub into the cleaner and run the party's in itbfor 3 min. Works like a charm and no issues after 5500 rounds.

Edited by Zoomy

I have used a spray bottle before with 91% isopropyl alcohol. With nitrile gloves on, hold the gun parts over one of those disposible aluminum baking pans.

Wear safety glasses too.

I have also used automotive brake parts cleaner and carb cleaner before too. But those were on all metal guns with no plastic parts.

Again, wearing safety glasses.

I use M Pro 7 cleaner and Sili Kroil. Just spray the gun down all over the internals with the slide and grips off. Air gun it through and then again with Kroil to leave behind a small amount of lubrication. I remove the slide a grips is all and then air gun both through and it comes out looking brand new. The top end you can get to easily so thats not so hard but I am not about to keep taking the frame apart each time it needs a cleaning.

that's about the same level of dirty mine gets in the same amount of time. i just keep cleaning it. and i have let mine get soo dirty the trigger bar could not be brought forward by a lightened trigger return spring, due to the friction of crud and junk. so yeah, not cleaning it will eventually cause issues in my experience. but then again, mine gets 1k rounds through it every week.

CRC's QD Contact Cleaner is safe for plastics and works as good as brake cleaner for cleaning guns. Flashes off quick and leaves metal parts very clean. Strips all gook and lube off quickly. Cheap at wally world.

Usually I just do a basic strip down (remove slide, barrel, spring, guide rod, etc) and wipe stuff down. About once a year (maybe) do a complete strip, clean, and lube. I will bore mop the barrel/chamber at matches every few stages when I want to be double dog sure I don't have chambering issues.

Anyone else have a CZ that cleans up like this?

This is after 5 matches. TiteGroup sure is dirty.

I'm thinking an Ultra Sonic cleaner would be easier. Anyone use one?

Any issues with cleaning a CZ using ultrasonic?

jfINgJk.png

That looks exactly like my bench when I'm done cleaning my SP-01 Shadow. Looks normal to me.

I break mine down every 5k rounds into large parts groups. In other words, I don't disassemble the sear cage or the hammer and hammer strut. I take the frame slide and barrel and put that in an ultrasonic cleaner with an 8:1 solution of simple green and water for 4 cycles of 420 seconds heated. I take those out, and dump in all the smaller parts and do the same thing. If I had a bigger cleaner, I would do it all at the same time. Then I wash all of that off with the hottest water my sink will generate and wipe off any remaining crud. Then I blow dry it all with my wife's blow dryer. I replace any parts that need replacing at that 5k round mark, put it back together and lube it where it needs it. I add oil and grease and a bore snake every 600 or so rounds. This has worked well for me so far.