Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore Steel Challenge division issue - Android only

jdphotoguy

Android version of PS version 1.2.27 and higher keeps changing the Steel Challenge division OPN to OPEN.

When I create a new match using the Steel Challenge: Blank template the divisions are correct, but as soon as I add a shooter and select Division, the list displayed shows the OPN division changed to OPEN. No matter what I do, trying to change the OPEN division back to OPN or adding a division called OPN, it is always changed back to OPEN.

This is not a problem if all I want to do is post the results to Practiscore, but I sync the match over to an iOS device running PS, then use the Activity/Classifier Report to generate the file needed by Steel Challenge to upload the results. When I try to run the report it says all the shooters in the division OPEN are in an invalid division, which they are, so I'm forced to edit each of those shooters and put them in the OPN division before I can run the Activity/Classifier Report.

I've removed version 1.2.27 and installed version 1.2.28, 1.2.29 and 1.2.30, same issue with every version.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Here is the Mantis Bug Tracker ticket.

btw, I'm testing this on a Nexus 7 tablet running version 5.1.1 of Android.

Edited by jdphotoguy

I verified the problem with 1.2.30 without any easy solution.

I have a Kindle running 1.2.26 and it does not have this problem.

Send a note to support@practiscore.com

Eugene will fix it.

Yeah, seems like the problem was introduced in version 1.2.27. We are still running version 1.2.26 on all our club devices. I loaded version 1.2.27 and higher on my tablet to test.

Guess I'll send an emial to support as well.

Edited by jdphotoguy

This is not a problem if all I want to do is post the results to Practiscore, but I sync the match over to an iOS device running PS, then use the Activity/Classifier Report to generate the file needed by Steel Challenge to upload the results. When I try to run the report it says all the shooters in the division OPEN are in an invalid division, which they are, so I'm forced to edit each of those shooters and put them in the OPN division before I can run the Activity/Classifier Report.

Temporary work around:

Instead of editing each shooter try this:

1 - Sync from Android to iOS

2 - From Main screen tap Shooters/Squads

3 - Scroll down to bottom and look under Shooter Divisions, Classes, Categories

4 - You should see XX with invalid division where XX represents some number

5 - Tap that line and you'll see OPEN displayed at the top. Tap Open

6 - In the popup list select OPN.

Once you do that all shooters with the OPEN division will be converted to OPN. That's way faster than editing each shooter.

Edited by ZackJones

To do the same on android. Sort by division. Long tap on shooters with that wrong division then select "Division" action from the action bar menu and select division you want reassigned.