Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's official joined the cool kid club

calvinc78

Picked up my new stock II today.

I'm a open shooter that's wanting to play in production. I really don't want to shoot this till it's had all the upgraded components. Now my question. What's needed to make this thing be the cats ass? Is there a Tanfoglio gun smith that I can send it to and have everything done or is it all simple to do myself

293C762B-F7BA-46AE-9657-DC1641658D1A_zps

congrats, do the work yourself, it is very straight forward and really doesn't require any special tools as most of the parts are drop in.

Buy what you can from http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/, the euro is low and his prices are cheap, you will get the order in a litte over a week.

Here is what I recommend you get

EGD guiderod (henning makes one, they are pretty much the same thing)

EGD front sight (Henning and Dawson make them as well)

EGD Titan Hammer

EGD light hammer spring

EGD light firing pin spring

EGD trigger

EGD aluminum grips

Tanfoglio one piece sear

Henning firing pin

CGW T3 disco

CGW sear spring

CGW trigger return spring

9 pound recoil spring

polish the internal parts and you should be good to go

I am running about the same as Adams post, minus the CGW parts (planning do do it but haven't gotten around to it) and a EGD Delta hammer.

I ended up taking off the EGD grips because they were too narrow, Hennings has alloy grips that are a little wider, but I have ended up back to the stock wood grips with some extra grip tape. That is all dependent on hand size and preference.

Here is what I did, if you want a simple and almost fool proof way to get a nice trigger pull, without having to fit anything. Then you can spend more time practicing, which will be way more valuable, than fitting parts.

Polish everything that is in kneelingatlus' guide to cz

Replace hammer spring with a 13# spring (if you run federals) or a 14# spring and cut 1.5-2 coils off.

Cut 1.5-2 coils off of stock plunger spring or order a henning plunger spring kit, (I just cut coils of factory spring.)

Henning extended firing pin or eric's pin

9# recoil spring or 8# if you tune everything accordingly with the reduced firing pin spring (I was using a 9#, now I'm running an 8# and I like it better)

Grips of your choice (I use eric's grips)

Henning front sight or dawson.

Henning or eric's guide rod

Done....

You don't have to buy all of the other parts or fit any parts if you don't want to. I use the stock hammer, stock trigger, stock trigger return spring, stock 2 piece sear, stock sear spring. My guns (stock 2 and stock 3) run 100% and I have never had a light strike or parts not function correctly. I also did almost the exact same thing on my Limited HC gun except I replaced the stock trigger with the egd pro semi curved trigger.

Edited by Prov1x

Calvin, isn't Tony V. running a Tanfo?

Maybe ask him about his guns and get a feel for them.

If I was to do production I'd get a Stock II. I have a large frame witness elite I'm setting up for limited minor (9mm) to use at the action steel matches, it even has pink (ish) grips and mag well on it so you know it is cool! ;) Anyway, good shooting, good feeling guns. Enjoy.

you are now at full nuthugger level! welcome. :)

the lists above are all excellent, providing you are happy to spend some $$ on the gun. If you're confident with basic gunsmithing and understand how CZ/tanfo type action works then it's fairly straight forward. Henning has some excellent videos on his website showing how to disassemble and reassemble the tanfoglios (note he mostly has the single action guns, yours is the same apart from the addition of a disconnecter to the hammer to enable DA/SA). Fitting the CGW disco in particular takes a bit of work and some understanding of how the CZ type double action functions and which surfaces interact with each other. I believe there are some gunsmiths that will happily fit all that stuff for you, others can recommend names.

If you want a cheaper upgrade some springs, some tuning, a couple parts and a little polishing work will get you about 50% of the way to the full monty setup for about 10% of the cost. If you want the trigger to be as good as it can be then of course you need to spend that extra 90% to go the full monty. What you gain for all that extra $ is not so much lighter pull weight (you can get a light pull with the stock parts, polishing + springs) but rather you get crisper break, shorter pretravel, shorter SA reset and a shorter and smoother DA pull.

The grips are certainly personal preference. The EGD grips were certainly too small for my hands. The hennings are a little larger but factory wood or rubber are larger again.

With the xtreme front sight there are narrow and wide versions. I prefer the narrow version. gives wider 'light bars' either side of the sight which for me makes it easier to line up quickly.

for the base pads go for the stoeger/shockbottle pads from bens pro shop.

enjoy. :)

Welcome to the club. My name is Gump and I have an addiction to Tanfos as I now have 7.

That list is as good and comprehensive as it gets. With a little time and patience you can make the unicorn run like a Clydesdale in no time.

ok so I ordered the Henning upgrade kit.... working on possible getting a EGD grip from someone not wanting them anymore.

looking but not having much luck, Wheres the best place to get mags?

ok so I ordered the Henning upgrade kit.... working on possible getting a EGD grip from someone not wanting them anymore.

I'd suggest getting your mags from greg cote. Edited by Bouboy02

I'll second Greg Cote for the MGWIT9LFAFC 9mm mags. Good guy, fair prices, and excellent service.

If you want to run 38 super mags (MGWIT9LFAFC) give me shout and I will make you a bro deal (I have a bunch of brand new in the box 38 super mags, more than I need).

(I'm pretty sure your gun is a large frame Tanfo, if not then you will need the small frame mags - MGWIT9SFAFC )

I'm not a stock shooter (....yet, got my eye on a S3 special).

Be patient on what grips you want, you can spend a fair amount of $ before getting what you need. I run Eric's EGD Xtreme grips and they are THIN, but I like the bare feel.

How did the Henning Upgrade kit do?

I ordered it Friday, so still waiting on it to come in. I post an update as soon as I put it in.

I did get my EGD grips. They feel great. Way smaller than the factory wood. Some people say they are to small but for me their perfect fit. Super happy with them.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so I installed the Henning upgrade kit with the reduced power springs and polished the trigger. Trigger bow, plunger, sear housing and corespondening frame parts. Now I didn't polish the sear nor the hammer or hooks as I have a 1 pice sear and Titan hammer and Xtreme disconnector coming next week.

But I put it back together and not really happy with it still a little gritty and feels heavy on the pulls. " trigger gauge will be here tomorrow ". Is this due to not polishing them

Will the sear and hammer fix this or something I'm missing.....

Any thoughts on the CGW sear spring. I see guys saying 2-3 lb single action and I'm sure this is still over 5lbs

Any suggestions you be great. Thanks

Ok so I installed the Henning upgrade kit with the reduced power springs and polished the trigger. Trigger bow, plunger, sear housing and corespondening frame parts. Now I didn't polish the sear nor the hammer or hooks as I have a 1 pice sear and Titan hammer and Xtreme disconnector coming next week.

But I put it back together and not really happy with it still a little gritty and feels heavy on the pulls. " trigger gauge will be here tomorrow ". Is this due to not polishing them

Will the sear and hammer fix this or something I'm missing.....

Any thoughts on the CGW sear spring. I see guys saying 2-3 lb single action and I'm sure this is still over 5lbs

Any suggestions you be great. Thanks

When you say one piece sear, is this what you are talking about?

http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/frame-parts/348-sear-lever.html

Honestly, the best result for the SA pull, has come from filing the hammer hooks and the bottom of the sear lever. Its not perfect, but a whole lot better than before. I notice on mine, in double action, that the hammer/sear lever contact has the biggest impact on the gritty feeling. If you take the sear assembly out and work the trigger, the plunger "at elast on mine" doesn't provide a whole lot of resistance.

Yea that's the one I ordered I have that a Titan hammer and disconnector coming .... Like I said I haven't touched the stock sear and hammer since I have the Xtreme parts coming so maybe that's my issue

Ok cool, I will be interesed to see the difference the Titan Hammer, disco and sear make with the trigger pull. I was contemplating ordering all that jazz if i cant get the trigger to a "reasonable" weight. I've determined that it will never be like my shadow....but honestly the shadow has a better trigger than it needs to. Let me know how everything turns out!