Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coolfire Laser Trainer with my SVI Infinity

pnmd

I just got the Coolfire Laser Trainer for my SVI Infinity .40 pistol. It's the best dryfire device I've used. I have $1000 worth of Tokyo Marui airsofts (Infinity and Glock handguns.) The Coolfire is so much better because you're using your own gun. The felt recoil is much better than my airsoft handguns.

Here's their website: http://coolfiretrainer.com/

It's $399 for the Coolfire setup.

I got their 1911 kit for my Infinity: http://coolfiretrainer.com/asccustompages/products.asp?fav=0&fpage=1&page=1&categoryID=9&productID=10&pStart=0&recNum=2

Here's the most informative video about the Coolfire...

http://www.carbontv.com/videos/14eGtyczrjD1383fVU2h6BcegaR4rntA

I made a quick video with my iphone. Not the best video but you get the idea ;)

WRRbb-eChkX-NBotI-DSC_0780IIIIwebpic.jpg

Edited by pnmd

It's a neat setup, but the laser moves so much it sucks. Having the recoil is very nice and if you don't need the laser then I say it's worthwhile.

Seeing the laser move with recoil is a good thing. Forces me to hold the gun tightly and control the recoil like using a real handgun. You want to minimize laser movement and recoil to improve your shot to shot times just like with real pistol :)

With my airsoft there's little recoil so I can be relaxed with my grip which is not realistic shooting.

Yes. However it moves so much it is unusable with my LASR training software. Even with the software analyzing 30 FPS. To me the point of the laser would be to accurately indicate the shot impact, which it does not do.

It is a very cool concept, I just feel it needs more work.

Edited by jmnielsen

• 1 month later...

the point of the laser is to indicate the shot impact, which it does not do.

It is a very cool concept, I just feel it needs more work.

+1 Sounds great, but if it is NOT accurate, not sure what I'd do with it??? :cheers:

D V C.

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is interesting because you can use your own gun/trigger pull and reset .... Is it too loud to be heard in another room? How many round after you refill the cartridge and how many shots before the CO2 cartridge cools down and slide cycle/recoil becomes soft?

Thanks!

You only get about 15 good shots apparently. It'll go 20 or so before refills but apparently after 15 it slows appreciably.

I really like the idea of dry fire with regular trigger press and some recoil from the slide cycling but $400 is a lot of dough. To me it's a good idea but not quite perfected. You have to take the laser off to recharge and recharging every 15 shots is a bit of a hassle.

Still it's a great idea. If it was $200 I'd have one for sure.

• 4 months later...

How does the 1911 kit work with sti/svi 40 S&W barrels? Did it have to be altered? Is there barrel clearance? Did you use coolfire's spring and guide rod in your gun? Would it be difficult to extend the co2 canister for a larger reservoir?

• 2 weeks later...