Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Odd one... Blue Guns and International Travel?

tarosean

Any one done it without getting harassed, arrested, fined, etc..????

I am in dire need of more practice and work a lot outside of the USA (6m a year Europe and Middle East) . Obviously real guns are a no go as are toys and airsoft, etc.

Thanks in advance.

I think it's risky but I don't have any exact figures for you. I do know that I have been temporarily detained for just having a Glock magazine in my checked baggage in a middle eastern country. (I had shot a match the weekend before and slipped the mag into my coat pocket at the range, subsequently forgot about it) I think that bringing in something that resembles a pistol is a pretty risky endeavor indeed. Especially if a language barrier is involved.

I wouldn't try it on a carry on bag, but checked should be okay. No moving parts, just solid rubber.

I would print up and laminate a index card with the sentance PROP / SAFETY TRAINING TOOL, in a few of the major languages and pack it with it to make things easier if it gets inspected.

I suggested the same to a friend who was travelling for a cosplay convention with a laser rifle he built out of a nerf gun, and he made it from Canada, to USA, and to Japan fine and dandy.

Edited by elbandito