Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Video for Stock 2 trigger work with sear, hammer, spring upgrade?

JGus

I'm sure the videos are out there somewhere, but I've been Googling the internet and searching this forum for an hour and can't find a video specific to the Stock 2 that shows trigger work, replacement of springs, sear & hammer, etc (upgrades). I'm sure they are out there, and probably already posted on this forum, but damn if I can't find them!

Does anyone have a link to a video on the Stock 2 that covers any of this?

Thanks.

Yeah, I've gone over the Atlas thread in the CZ forum for work I've done on my CZ's. That thread, and Atlas, were a huge help. I know my CZ's pretty well now, but I've never done anything to a Stock 2. I know what to do from reading many threads to improve it overall, but I'd prefer to see it. I'm more visual when it comes to this stuff.

Yeah, I've gone over the Atlas thread in the CZ forum for work I've done on my CZ's. That thread, and Atlas, were a huge help. I know my CZ's pretty well now, but I've never done anything to a Stock 2. I know what to do from reading many threads to improve it overall, but I'd prefer to see it. I'm more visual when it comes to this stuff.

Other than a few videos of just assembling and disassembly, I don't think that any vids of trigger jobs are out there. You can search on YouTube for "Tanfoglio sear" and there are a few videos on sear work. Best info is here on Enos

Ok. Thanks for info.

I've seen some of the videos for the single action Witness pistols, but have never seen anything specific to the double action Stock 2 or Stock 3.

Praetorian97 I had already read that thread that you posted. It is VERY helpful and apprciate you putting that all down on a thread. With the lack of a video for either the Stock 2 or Stock 3, I think that is what I will use as my guide. I have both a Stock 2 9mm and a Stock 3 9mm that I will need to do some work on to improve the trigger and get rid of the gritty feeling. I'm not really worried about having a really light trigger. I prefer around a 6.5-7# DA and about a 2.5-3# SA. I just want a smooth, crisp trigger.

Is there much difference between the Stock 2 and Stock 3 that I need to be aware of when doing my home gunsmithing job? I've done plenty of work on CZ's and Sig's but never to any EAA/Tanfo gun.

Internally the Stock II and SIII are the same. With the exception of barrel, recoil spring, and guide rod length. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. 7.5# DA and 2.5# SA is very achievable with polishing and springs.

I much prefer my SIII trigger pull than my worked on SP01.

Edited by praetorian97