Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just a throw away dog

EEH

On a rainy day in June 2007,I went by the local animal shelter,where people for many reasons go to throw away dogs. There she was,in a small cage,under weight almost no hair,little pug nose pickingnes.her big eyes said I will always love if you just take me out of here. I did and for the last six almost seven years she has done just that..She loves to ride,sleep in my bed with me on my pillow no less. Now just a short time later,I was told my throw away dog has Cancer,in her belly she will not eat,losing weight,but she seems happy to still sleep with me and ride in the car.Dr.says she can't go thru surgery besides She was just a throwaway dog.She goes on vacation with me has been to some matches with me but the wife always went and cared for her during the match. After all She was just a throwaway dog,so why does it matter !

Well I tell you one thing She will be Loved to the very end ever how long that is.When I took her out of that cage years ago I promised her She would not have to spend on other night in one of those things,and promised Her she would be loved till one of us left,after She was just a throwaway dog.

post-14820-0-30107000-1433770739_thumb.j

Its been a family tradition to get our new best friends from animal shelters. Every pet I've had was either a stray that wandered in or a rescue from an animal shelter.

As I type this, Mr Cooper is sleeping (and snoring) in the recliner next to me. Miss Ruby is asleep behind my head on top of my recliner and Roscoe is resting between my feet at the bottom of the recliner. Fortunately they are all small dogs.

Its a dog's life.

Bill

Sorry you lost your buddy. We work at the Muttville shelter that takes in only senior dogs (7 years old and above) and we just adopted another dog who is 9 years old but acts like a puppy. I wish all people would adopt from shelters and stop the insane breeders who keep dumping so many dogs into the shelters. We regularly get the "worn out" mother dogs who have spent their lives cranking out puppies.

This post reminds me why I like most animals better than most people....

Our dog Ziggy (13 years old) on my lap, our new dog Suki (9) in the back.

post-271-0-20659200-1433805873_thumb.jpg

Yep. My dogs have also always been rescue/shelter dogs. My current buddy spent 6 months bouncing between shelters and alike 3 or 4 "owners" before he came home to us. No idea why anyone would have ever gotten rid of him, never mind 4 different people, he has been wonderful family member:

e5LNm6z.jpg

I'm pretty sure anyone abandoning a dog outside some form of dire "pick feeding your kid or your dog" type of situation is a person I don't want to shake hands with. Ever.

Beautiful, soulful eyes, sorry to hear she is coming to end of her life. You did a great thing by rescuing her. My wife and I have rescued eight dogs in the last three years and it has been very rewarding. I have saved this image for the day when we lose one. I would like to share it with you if you don't mind.

post-59806-0-60264600-1434418409_thumb.j

I know what she means to you Eddie. I can only imagine what you mean to her. Keeping your promise is as importance as all the things she has given you.

There is no such thing as a "Throw away Dog" When it is time for her to go to the Rainbow Bridge to wait for you, she will be in good company. The little girl on the left of my Avitar will look out for her. She is waiting.

I have given up dogs before to rescue shelters. I certainly didn't "throw them away". I encourage people to do the right thing like you did EEH and adopt pets from shelters when possible but those animals can end up there for any number of reasons I'm sure. Shelters can certainly be very grim places but when I was a kid they didn't really exist like they do now and people literally threw dogs away back then. We have come a long way in pet rescues, adaptions, etc thanks to folks like you. :cheers: