Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extended Slide Stop Issue

VinceInJax

Greetings All,

I successfully installed a Gloxworks 3.5 # connector and competition spring kit in my Gen 4 G35. When I re-assembled the slide stop (the extended one that came with the pistol), it seemed fine but after working the slide a half dozen times or so, it engages and the slide locks back. I have taken the slide stop out and put it back in a few times and its the same. It starts out fine but after 6-12 repetitions of working the slide, the stop engages the slide with no magazine.

Any help will be appreciated.

Had the same issue with extended slide stops. You may be engaging the slide stop with your grip. Especially a problem if you have big hands. Try putting a normal length stop on and see if you have the same issue.

Thanks for the response. I just noticed that the slide had no issues when the trigger is ready to be fired. Once the trigger is engaged, and while holding the trigger to the rear, the slide will not cycle.

make sure the slide stop spring is below the small pin on the top. Otherewise it will lock back each time. Small pin in first, then slide stop under the small spring, then the large trigger pin.

make sure the slide stop spring is below the small pin on the top. Otherewise it will lock back each time. Small pin in first, then slide stop under the small spring, then the large trigger pin.

I think that's it...