Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

quick question on tti extended base pads glock

jtraccs

Hey everyone, I have a glock 35 gen 4 with the dawson mag well. I recently picked up some +5 tti base pads (.40sw). to make the base pad pin not contact the mag well, i dremmeld the plastic insert the mag well came with and works fantastic with the tti base pads now. only issue is, its pretty tough to fit 20 rounds in them, but the major issue is, when I load all 20 the slide is extremely difficult to pull back to load a round in the chamber. anyone else experience this? I am affraid doing this over and over again may damage the gun or the magazine. any work around? and yes i loaded the new springs the base pads came with.

Thanks.

Jon.

no the mags are not brand new and neither is the gun. it has some rounds through it, all though not sure how many. 19 rounds feeds perfectly. The rounds i am using to test is new factory ammo. Also not much to trim on the glock followers, they are pretty thin already. I am afraid to cut a coil off the spring, it might not feed well. might just have to live with the 19 rounds.

Edited by jtraccs

• 2 weeks later...

no the mags are not brand new and neither is the gun. it has some rounds through it, all though not sure how many. 19 rounds feeds perfectly. The rounds i am using to test is new factory ammo. Also not much to trim on the glock followers, they are pretty thin already. I am afraid to cut a coil off the spring, it might not feed well. might just have to live with the 19 rounds.

What color are the basepads?