Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sign in to follow this  
Charbonneau482

M&P Magwells

Does anyone here have pictures of a SJC or Carver bigmouth magwell? I'm using a SSS magwell and was wondering if the funnels on either the SJC or Carver are wider. I love how wide the Dawson ICE magwells are and was looking for alternatives since Dawson doesn't make magwells for the M&P yet.

Do you have the big SSS magwell? They have a large one in addition to the smaller one.

I personally have the smaller limited 10 magwell. My buddy has the larger limited one but I have a gripe on both. The angles seem steeper than other magwells I've seen. Just trying to see what other options are out there or if there is going to be very much of a difference between companies.

I used to shoot SSP where I just made master recently. Since then I have installed the SSS magwell for ESP. I don't really feel it is an improvement. The main issue is the added length of magwell mouth requires a dedicated motion of palm slap at almost 90 degrees to fully seat the mags, which takes 0.1-0.2 sec. Vs. previously in SSP without a magwell, I simply use my left pinky finger base to rub the mag into seating position with 100% reliability, and it does not take any additional time as my left hand is getting into grip position.

Does anyone else feel the same way? BTW - with enough repetitions in dry-fires, I have never missed the mag well in a reload in matches. Maybe I am missing something.

The Dawson I have on my open gun has another benefit of funneling my hand further up on the grip. It gives a nice firm grip but YMMV.

The Dawson I have on my open gun has another benefit of funneling my hand further up on the grip. It gives a nice firm grip but YMMV.

Does Dawson make a magwell for the M&P?

Was also looking at getting a SSS ESP magwell (if theyre ever in stock again) I would also be interested in seeing the Carver Big mouth on an MP if anyone has pictures

Does Dawson make a magwell for the M&P?

Nope

Was also looking at getting a SSS ESP magwell (if theyre ever in stock again) I would also be interested in seeing the Carver Big mouth on an MP if anyone has pictures

Black aluminum ESP magwells are here. We'll be packing them tonight and will be in the website tomorrow.

post-2776-0-63639900-1442534450_thumb.jp

well, thats exciting. Hopefully im near my credit card when i get the back in stock email notification! haha im sure they'll go fast.

I played with one of the Carver ones, they are interesting in that they also work with the factory basepads and the arendando's