Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Magwells

Charbonneau482

Does anyone here have pictures of a SJC or Carver bigmouth magwell? I'm using a SSS magwell and was wondering if the funnels on either the SJC or Carver are wider. I love how wide the Dawson ICE magwells are and was looking for alternatives since Dawson doesn't make magwells for the M&P yet.

I personally have the smaller limited 10 magwell. My buddy has the larger limited one but I have a gripe on both. The angles seem steeper than other magwells I've seen. Just trying to see what other options are out there or if there is going to be very much of a difference between companies.

I used to shoot SSP where I just made master recently. Since then I have installed the SSS magwell for ESP. I don't really feel it is an improvement. The main issue is the added length of magwell mouth requires a dedicated motion of palm slap at almost 90 degrees to fully seat the mags, which takes 0.1-0.2 sec. Vs. previously in SSP without a magwell, I simply use my left pinky finger base to rub the mag into seating position with 100% reliability, and it does not take any additional time as my left hand is getting into grip position.

Does anyone else feel the same way? BTW - with enough repetitions in dry-fires, I have never missed the mag well in a reload in matches. Maybe I am missing something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Was also looking at getting a SSS ESP magwell (if theyre ever in stock again) I would also be interested in seeing the Carver Big mouth on an MP if anyone has pictures

Black aluminum ESP magwells are here. We'll be packing them tonight and will be in the website tomorrow.

post-2776-0-63639900-1442534450_thumb.jp