Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

870 extended magazine

Kev8287

I have a 870 with a turkey barrel 21" in length. i would like to add 4 rounds to the gun for, total of 8 rounds in the gun. The tube cannot extend more than 3/4" past the muzzle. Does anyone have any suggustions? Thanks in advance.

Kev

Choate has one that I think may work. Try Nordic too - they have all sizes and give dimensions on their website. If either tube is too long, you could add an extended choke tube to close the gap.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Here is a thought.......and easy to do. The Choate magazines are steel AND......the ends are cut with a pipe cutter (the ones that rotate and you tighten on each turn). This forms the end for their internal end plug.

SOOOOOO.....you could order one WAY longer than you need, measure it.....cut it to the exact spec you need.

Tim

Edited by TRUBL

• 3 months later...

I have a 870 with a turkey barrel 21" in length. i would like to add 4 rounds to the gun for, total of 8 rounds in the gun. The tube cannot extend more than 3/4" past the muzzle. Does anyone have any suggustions? Thanks in advance.

Kev

Not sure if it helps but I have a nordic +2 on my 870 with an 18.5" barrel and it is maybe .5" shorter than the barrel

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Send me a PM with your address and I will send you one that may work for you. You will need to get your own spring. gunsprings.com is a good source.

I have a couple extras so one or the other should do it. If you can't use them send them back. Only thing it costs you is time and return shipping. I am going out of town for a few days so I will reply Monday when I return

I just realized how old this thread was

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter