Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tricked out a Glock 19 for CCP yet?

LeviSS

SO a buddy of mine showed up to the match last night with a magwell on his 19. He got an Agency Arms magwell. They make magwells that accommodate backstraps even. The biggest plus is the bottom of the magwell keeps you from pinching on magazines and acts as a nice little extra finger groove to force the gun back into the webbing of your hand, made the 19 fell really good, and that is a gun I generally don't like.

Thanks! Do you know how wide the magwell is? Also, what material is the plug portion of the magwell made out of?

They say no weighted grip plugs, but most companies have metal plugs that the magwell then attaches to...so I'm confused about this. Can you email HQ for clarification?

He assured me it was IDPA legal, it was very narrow side to side so I don't think you'd run against "box" issues either. It is a very discreet magwell but it improved my grip on the gun with his medium beavertail. As high speed as that Agency Arms website is, I bet they could give you more info than you want on it.
I figured the site would too, but at least on my phone it has absolutely no description.

https://agencyarms.us/product/gen-4-magwells/

So, I sent them an email.

Edited by LeviSS

• 2 weeks later...

It's all a game and if you can, why not? The magwells that are allowed are pretty small, so no it's not a big advantage. People put shit on their guns that offer less advantage than a small magwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Sentinel Design has the right stuff. Don't know if they are still in business as they haven't updated or responded to anything on Social media. I wonder if the 17 version would fit the 19 version or fit using a dawson plug?

Any other glock 19 magwells out there that are slim enough to fit the CCP rules?

Actually the magwell helps you get a better grip on the gun, but you don't need to spend big $$$ for one. I run these $11 from Amazon and they work fine. Although popularly believed to be practical and tactical, IDPA is just a gun game, invented by one of the greatest IPSC shooters ever, Bill Wilson. That's why it has lots of rules, and you are scored and timed.

image37073.jpg

Edited by 9x45

I was unwilling to chop on a Carver Big Mouth, and have found--at least on G19g4s--the Carver isn't very stable unless epoxied in place; jamming your 3 fingers between triggerguard and Carver causes the Big Mouth to flex downward... and the little #4-40 Hex Head Screw retaining the Carver is easily broken (Fastenal mail order only). Ordered el cheapo plastic magwell but its ugly, and the lip isn't as pronounced, its more of a taper. Agency Arms did not respond to email or phone, but took a chance and ordered their G19g4 No Backstrap magwell. Finally got to speak to an AA Rep when they called about the order, and Rep was unable to provide dimensions 0_o Now the good news: the Agency magwell has superior fit & finish compared to the other two, its rock solid when installed and really lets you jam the fingers between magwell and triggerguard, no epoxy needed. It measures 1.324" and fits the IDPA CCP box.

post-40314-0-83275100-1440778619_thumb.j

post-40314-0-83275100-1440778619_thumb.j

Edited by MAJmorgan

The Agency Arms magwell & plug both appear to be aluminum, very light... both pieces with the 2 screws combine to be 0.652oz on my scale. Should be good for rule 8.1.7.2 "weighted grip plugs" unlike the heavy Carver unit with its 3.4oz brass insert.

post-40314-0-93800400-1440793897_thumb.j

Just got my 19 done yesterday!!! Dawson black rear/fiber optic front,,,,,,,,ND performance trigger kit,,,,,,,,Agency Arms magwell,,,,,,,,,,Sprinco recoil reducer (double spring) for factory loads!!! I just got done with the stippling yesterday,,,,no pictures yet,,,but will get some up!

Cool. I've been having the same discussion on the IDPA Facebook group. The Agency Arms and Suarez are similar and both will fit in width!

Link to the Suarez which is the same as the Viking and SAI - http://www.onesourcetactical.com/frame-performance-parts.aspx#.VeWmM_lVhBd

I just picked up a Glock 19 slide, so I'm thinking about pairing it with a lone wolf timberwolf frame with some upgrades I don't run in my SSP/ESP 34 gun.