Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Suggestions for mirror attached to casefeeder or support tube

Looking for ideas for an inexpensive mirror that mounts to the casefeeder or the casefeed support tube. I live in an apartment, so I don't want to punch a hole in the wall or ceiling if I don't need to. Perhaps something that swivels so that I can see into the casefeed bowl from both seated and standing positions.

I purchased one of these from Harbor Freight and zip tied it support tube. My use, inspecting cases while I sit, but sure you could adapt to check brass levels in bin. If you need a bigger mirror just glue it to the 2".

My link skills suck, so Google Inspection Mirror and that will bring up plenty of ideas.

I purchased one of these from Harbor Freight and zip tied it support tube. My use, inspecting cases while I sit, but sure you could adapt to check brass levels in bin. If you need a bigger mirror just glue it to the 2".

My link skills suck, so Google Inspection Mirror and that will bring up plenty of ideas.

I guess you mean this one? http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-mirror-with-flexible-shaft-97217.html

image_13153.jpg

I like that flexible metal shaft. Since you have one, do you think the shaft would accommodate the weight of an additional slightly larger mirror (perhaps a plastic one to keep weight low)?

Edited by G19

Go to a bike shop and look for a handle bar mounted mirror. You should be able to modify the attachment for the added diameter of the case feeder tube.

Or there are mirrors that mount right to your glasses that might mount perfectly to the edge of the case feeder too. http://www.performancebike.com/bikes/Product_10052_10551_1031112_-1___000000

Maybe I'm missing something but I never felt the need to be able to see into the casefeeder hopper. There are 22 cases in the tube so I figure if I can look at a mirror, I can look at the tube and see when I need to refill the hopper.

• 3 weeks later...

I just tie wired a telescoping inspection mirror to my 650's casefeeder support.

I also zip tie'd a small flashlight to the side of my powder measure.

I don't have a die in station 3, so the flashlight shines down into the case and with the mirror properly positioned, I can see powder is in my .223 cases.

So along those same lines...glue a magnet to the side of the casefeeder's hopper. Stick the inspection mirror's telescoping handle to the magnet. Extend and angle mirror to see inside hopper.

I had my XL650 set-up in the spare room of my apartment for a couple years. 4 inch convex mirror from walmart auto section $1.99 stuck to the ceiling with a little double backed tape.

Worked fine and came off easily and unnoticeable that it had ever been there once removed. If your not sure about the double back tape, use those 3m wonder stick on products.