Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

something's wrong ?

Revofan

i have a revo suply chamber/moon clip checker i always check my rounds before i load clips onto my moon clip server in my last few matches they do not fall into my cylinder i have to push them down wich costs me valuable time i think the austin moon server is squishing the rounds maybe bending moon clip they drop fine before then not so much after ???? has anyone had this problem or somthing like this maybe its not the server but something else does this with tk clips and revo suply nickle clips .25s

We make the checkers to minimum chamber dimensions.

If it passes the checker that should eliminate everything but the chamber.

I suspect dirt in the cylinder chamber(s)

But please keep us posted.

My clip checker has worked very well. It rejects things that actually work in my guns. I doubt that's the problem.

A bent clip should be pretty easy to detect if that was the issue. De-moon and stack up your clips. If there are no bends, you shouldn't see any space between them. For further investigation, place each clip on a flat surface and press down on each of the spokes of the clip. If the clip pops up when you press down on any spoke of the clip, it is bent.

The other thing I can think of is moonclip to brass fit. If it is too loose, you could be partially popping a round out of the notch with handling. Pushing the clip into the cylinder could re-seat it. What headstamp brass are you using?

95% chance cleaning will do the trick. Not sure what you use for bullets, FMJ with exposed lead bases can leave some lead fouling too. If not, what dies are you loading with? Dillon sizing dies don't get as far down on the base so that can add to the problem. If cleaning doesn't do the trick try another sizing die - a regular Lee 38 carbide or U die may help.

It's your brass. Does factory ammo load in the clips & cylinder properly to full depth?

The brass is swelled @ the base.

This is very common problem with the 986 & 929.

You must feed it properly loaded brass.

STARLINE brass has a BIG problem with expansion and contraction of brass cases.

They do not recommend using 9mm brass in the 986 & 929 Tit. cylinders.

Starline is aware of the problem and working to correct it.

Edited by Tom Revo

It's your brass. Does factory ammo load in the clips & cylinder properly to full depth?

The brass is swelled @ the base.

This is very common problem with the 986 & 929.

You must feed it properly loaded brass.

STARLINE brass has a BIG problem with expansion and contraction of brass cases.

They do not recommend using 9mm brass in the 986 & 929 Tit. cylinders.

Starline is aware of the problem and working to correct it.

I think he's having an issue with a 627.

Had the same trouble with my 627. Would drop in for the first 70-80 rounds, then I would have to push the clip in to fully seat the bullets Now I run a bore snake through after every other stage...no problems.

Edited by kmca

Another check: see if unclipped rounds chamber. I used some new-to-me range brass(9mm) at a recent match and some of it was clearly bulged. I had to really press it home. Before my most recent match i checked every round in the cylinder(w/o clips) before the match and had no issues. I've ran this gun very dirty before and not encountered this.

Had the same trouble with my 627. Would drop in for the first 70-80 rounds, then I would have to push the clip in to fully seat the bullets Now I run a bore snake through after every other stage...no problems.

Try a .40 caliber steel bore brush (thank you Bubber)

Try a .40 caliber steel bore brush (thank you Bubber)

The .410 bore snake works well for me. One pull through and it's done.

Ok so I've been thinking the only change I have made is powder (very dirty powder) so I cleaned my cylinder and every clip dropped in no problem even the ones that didn't drop into the moonclip/chaimber checker. I even cleaned it before the match (quickly obviously not good enough) so that was my problem !! I do not want to change powders 1. Because I bought an 8lb jug ! 2. Gun shoots extremely flat with it ( barrel ported+4port comp) so I will have to bore snake between stages I guess unless someone has a better idea ? What size snake ? Frog lube cylinder ? Butter bacon grease idk ???

Ok so I've been thinking the only change I have made is powder (very dirty powder) so I cleaned my cylinder and every clip dropped in no problem even the ones that didn't drop into the moonclip/chaimber checker. I even cleaned it before the match (quickly obviously not good enough) so that was my problem !! I do not want to change powders 1. Because I bought an 8lb jug ! 2. Gun shoots extremely flat with it ( barrel ported+4port comp) so I will have to bore snake between stages I guess unless someone has a better idea ? What size snake ? Frog lube cylinder ? Butter bacon grease idk ???

LIke I said above, the one for a .410 bore shotgun works for me...dry. Pull it through every chamber once, every other stage.

Forget the bore snake and get some of these stainless .375 rifle brushes from Brownells (084-411-036WB). Get a short chamber cleaning rod and brush the cylinder between stages. A friend was using those worthless nylon brushes and bore snakes and was having loading problems saying that he had cleaned the chambers but a few passes with my stainless brush and all kinds of junk came out. What kind of powder? Better not be 231.

I will "lube" my cylinder holes with Mili tec. You want something that can handle the heat.. Mili tec is made to impregnate into the metal so I use that on new guns and they breaking in great. They say to bake it onto the guns parts

I have a 6 shot cylinder brush, cleans all 6 chambers at once. It's for a .45.

I cut 2 of the brushes off and the 4 line up great in a 627 8 shot .357 and it takes only 2 motions to completely clean all 8 holes.