Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules you would like to see changed.

A competitor who shoots the match before the match is NOT a competitor...as no one was there to compete with!

(I am not talking about RO's)

Here's one; No one, I mean NO ONE gets to shoot the match before the RO Squad! There have been a number of times where a sponsored shooter has had the opportunity to shoot the match at the completion of set-up, a day before the ROs shoot. Seems OK at first, but when full squads then shoot a stage and certain logistical or safety issues or competitive issues crop up, the match has been shot, the early shooter is not there to reshoot so we have two possibilities, toss a stage at the beginning of the match or shoot it as is. Shooting it as is has in the instances I am aware of cause that stage to be noticeably slower in resetting and set-up. No one should be THAT important.

Actually there is third possibility. You make any required changes to the stage and then require a re-shoot for any competitors that have completed the stage before the changes. Shooter left town and can't re-shoot, unfortunate but that shooter gets a zero on the stage.

Doug

I agree with both Pat and Doug here. If the stage is shot 'wrong' you can either re-shoot or zero and more specifically who were you competing against? There was no peer pressure, you shot under possibly better (or worse) weather. You didn't have the disadvantage of having to wait long periods of time between stages. You maybe shot each when the light was right. No one should shoot before the RO Squads.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic