Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New from germany

UdoGER

Hi, my name is Udo, i am from germany and among shooters since 1986. I have stayed to the US from 1983 till 1986 living nearby Washington, D.C. Weapons law in germany is much more restrictive than in the US but i stayed within sportive shooting and went into security business employed with the german gouvernment. Today i am shooting a PPC Revolver made by a german gunsmith on S&W - K-frame Platform in .38 Special. New is a also a gunsmith made 2011 style in 9mm Luger basing on a CK-Arms frame, LesBear slide and bull barrel made by Kart. Rifles are a US M1 Carbine, Eddystone made Enfield P17 and a Mauser K98k.

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Are you reloading, yet?

Thx Hi-Power Jack..yes i am reloading for all my guns scince 1990. I am just starting to work up a 9mmx19 round for my new 2011. This baby does not like the rounds i used to shoot in my Sphinx AT 2000 S. Also the reloading components, especialy the propellant i used to, Hodgdon HP38 and Titegroup, are not easy to get anymore in germany because of delivery problems. I am working up loads now with Vihtavouri Powders like 3N37 and N320.

Welcome to the forum, Udo!

What type of matches do you have available to you in Germany?

Hi Yeti,

there are a vary of different matches depending upon the rules of the shooting organisation you are in. We do have also matches like IPSC and other dynamic shooting events. I like to shoot dynamic disziplines with my short guns und static long range shooting with my rifles. Just to explaine one of them what i use my revolver for is shooting in a match what is called Police Pistol One from our shooting organisation which is called BdMP e.V. This is a match which is shot from three different distances in three different stages. First stage is 25 Meters on a static target, you have 2 minutes to fire 12 rounds in precision manner including nessecary reloads. Next stage is 15 Meters on the same target, which ist turned away and then made visible for 3 seconds in that time you fire one shot and this 12 times. Last stage is 10 meters with the same setup as at 15 meters but you will fire two shots instead of one.

Welcome Udo, in what part of Germany do you live? Also, which carbine do you have, I have a '44 Winchester, fun gun to shoot.

Hi Bkreutz i live nearby Aachen thats close to the borders to the Netherlands and Belgium. My carbine is the selfloading 30 M1 Carbine in caliber .30 carbine.

Welcome Udo, in what part of Germany do you live? Also, which carbine do you have, I have a '44 Winchester, fun gun to shoot.

Hi Bkreutz i live nearby Aachen thats close to the borders to the Netherlands and Belgium. My carbine is the selfloading 30 M1 Carbine in caliber .30 carbine.

I lived in Bayern from 1975-1980 (Augsburg & Bad Tolz areas) and I've been through the Aachen area many times. Is your carbine one of the ones that the US gave the Border Patrol after the war?

I lived in Bayern from 1975-1980 (Augsburg & Bad Tolz areas) and I've been through the Aachen area many times. Is your carbine one of the ones that the US gave the Border Patrol after the war?

It would be intersting to get some history avout my carbine. I think i could get some information about it with help of the serial number but don´t know where to begin research.

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Are you reloading, yet?

I am working up loads with Vihtavouri Powders like 3N37 and N320.

I've never used the Vih powders, but keep reading here at BE

about they are superior to the old powders I have been using,

like WW231. You are fortunate to be able to purchase N320 -

lots of Americans envy you. :cheers:

It would be intersting to get some history avout my carbine. I think i could get some information about it with help of the serial number but don´t know where to begin research.

Here's a couple of sites to look at http://www.carbineclub.com/ (they don't have a lot of info online, but they have a lot of info stored on old fashioned paper and send out a good newsletter). And I think this is the most active of the forums http://forums.thecmp.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6 :cheers: