Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fastest Bill Drill

Onepocket

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I worked on getting the draw under a second I could pull it off.

But the OP's question was about doing the whole drill in under a second...

It was a joke, I don't think anyone is talking about doing a bill drill with a mini-gun

I think if I worked on getting the draw under a second I could pull it off.

But the OP's question was about doing the whole drill in under a second...

It was a joke, I don't think anyone is talking about doing a bill drill with a mini-gun

Roger that... :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think my best ever was a 1.57 and that was just a lot of silly practice and godo luck all together. I've seen it done faster. Max Michelle,Jake Divita, and a few others who are just speed deamons. My normal times run right around 1.7. my consistency goal used to be 1.65 before i took some time off, my splits are what really suffered and haven't came back as fast as they used to be.

• 3 months later...

On the start position, initially it was definitely a surrender start, but then at that time, pretty much everything had a surrender start. My feeling is that nowadays, either a surrender start or a hands at sides start is okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just my draw plus six shots using no target takes up 1.84 seconds.

With all A hits at 7 yards, my best is 2.74. I can go faster but then shots start going where I didn't think they'd go even though I believe I'm seeing what I need to see.

This is using a 1911 with major power factor .45 ACP ammunition, holster setup per USPSA Single Stack specs.

I'm quite in awe of anyone who can do this under 2 seconds with any setup, even a race gun with race holster.

I've run it several times in under 1 second, but it was with a HK MP5K model from the low ready... It's much harder, slower and less fun with a pistol.

lol. agreed.

damn pistols!

I've not been pushing any bill drills (but then I'm a hack and not likely to set the world on fire with times anyway). I have been doing the odd 4 aces drill (hands by sides, loaded, draw, 2 shots, mag change, 2 shots. distance 7 yards+, and not a slide lock reload). I was pretty happy after cranking out a few 1.24sec reloads that actually hit the A zone. My draw is a pretty average at around 1.2 but I was pleased with my 1.2 reload given it's a CZ shadow production spec, no magwell etc.

Edited by BeerBaron