Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any glockers also shoot Single Stack?

obsessiveshooter

• 2 weeks later...

I use a glock 22 with a Taylor Freelance sight block in limited. I have considered buying a SA loaded match by I was thinking 10 round mags and shoot L10 instead of SS. Just a thought.

I shot my Glock in l-10 for awhile. It's not my first choice but it'll get the job done.

Sorry, more what I was trying to articulate was I was thinking a 1911 in .45 would be a good purchase as I could use it in single stack with stock mags and in L10 with extended mags. One gun two options.

c

I believe you can use a .45 Glock for IDPA CDP, but you need a 1911 frame for USPSA Single Stack rules. Somebody else please correct me if my memory is incorrect...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, more what I was trying to articulate was I was thinking a 1911 in .45 would be a good purchase as I could use it in single stack with stock mags and in L10 with extended mags. One gun two options.

c

I believe you can use a .45 Glock for IDPA CDP, but you need a 1911 frame for USPSA Single Stack rules. Somebody else please correct me if my memory is incorrect...

Deadcoyote, I just re-read everything (on my computer this time rather than my phone, LOL) and see what you're saying now. I do exacfly what you're talking about using a .45acp 1911 with 10 rounders in L-10 or 8 rounders in SS. It works out well enough but if I were starting fresh and didn't live in Kalifornia, I'd probably go with a .40sw instead. The reason I say this is that the 10 round .40 mags are closer in size to the 8 rounders so that I could just get a set of Tripp 10 rounders and use that for both (only load to 8 rounds when shooting SS) saving money in equipment costs in not having to buy two sets of mags. It's mainly to standardize the setup no matter the shooting categories. The 10 round .45acp magazines are just long enough to make me fumble a bit in reloads during the match since I practice using 8 rounders, but it's definitely a do-abe situation.