Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying my first rig set. Needs advice.

archmanEd

Hey guys, I am about to get my first rig set to start shooting in production class in uspsa.

I bought a G34, actually it is my first firearm ever.

I did a bit research about the holster, belt, mag pouches.

Here is the setup I am thinking about.

BELT: CR SPEED Super Hi-Torque belt

HOLSTER: Blade Tech DOH(the basic one)

MAG POUCH: CR Versa * 4

Does it sound like a plan?

Any adjustment and suggestions?

I heard glock mags don't fit in DAA well, that's why I didn't even mention about DAA.

I am also thinking about Ghost360 mag pouches. I heard many good things about it, but I really cannot judge since I do not have experience with these mag pouches.

For the holster, is it necessary to go for a comp tac? or should DOH blade tech do the work?

I am open to any other suggested items.

Just a beginner needs some serious guides and advices.

- Eddie.

I would suggest you look at the BOSS holster hanger from Ben Stoeger. You can buy it with the holster already attached. It is light years better than the BladeTech DOH rig.

The DAA pouches will come with the Glock/CZ inserts if you ask for them when ordering. It takes less than a minute to swap out the inserts. The DAA mags are better than the 360s and the V4s, IMO.

You wont go wrong with that really. The BOSS hanger might be better, as suggested, but your choice is still sound. This will get you into competition with a reliable firearm, and some solid gear. Have fun, dry fire a bunch, and you will be happy I,m sure.

I think 5 mag pouches is right. The limit for field stages is 32 rounds. Throw in some make up shots on steel and you are near 40. Drop some mags with rounds in them at your reload points and you are near 50. Clear a malfunction that includes dropping a mag and you need 5 pouches. I'm a mid to low C shooter. I've needed the 5th mag off the belt once or twice. I've never wanted a 6th

Get the Boss holster from benstoegerproshop.com It is worth the extra 35 dollars! and I say that after spending 60 to get he hanger and thumb screws for my holster. I have a DAA belt and Racer pouches. I emailed DAA and they sent me the needed Glock spacers free of charge. Also get 5 pouches. I don't think I have went for the 5th one yet but you never know when you might need it to let you do reloads where they best fit the stage.

Edited by Foxj66

I think 5 mag pouches is right. The limit for field stages is 32 rounds. Throw in some make up shots on steel and you are near 40. Drop some mags with rounds in them at your reload points and you are near 50. Clear a malfunction that includes dropping a mag and you need 5 pouches. I'm a mid to low C shooter. I've needed the 5th mag off the belt once or twice. I've never wanted a 6th

That 32 limit only applies to LIII and above.

Get the Boss holster from benstoegerproshop.com It is worth the extra 35 dollars! and I say that after spending 60 to get he hanger and thumb screws for my holster. I have a DAA belt and Racer pouches. I emailed DAA and they sent me the needed Glock spacers free of charge. Also get 5 pouches. I don't think I have went for the 5th one yet but you never know when you might need it to let you do reloads where they best fit the stage.

Sage advice here. The BOSS hanger is really nice but I put the Comp Tac holster on mine. The 360s are great for the price but the Racers are very nice. I use the 360s for Production and the RaceMaster pouches and holster for Open. The DAA belt is very stiff and they make a less stiff model also. I would go with 5 pouches also. Good luck and let us know your final setup.

Sage advice here. The BOSS hanger is really nice but I put the Comp Tac holster on mine. The 360s are great for the price but the Racers are very nice. I use the 360s for Production and the RaceMaster pouches and holster for Open. The DAA belt is very stiff and they make a less stiff model also. I would go with 5 pouches also. Good luck and let us know your final setup.

^^^This^^^

Agree with the 5th pouch. I rarely use it. Though the other day at a match i didn't have a couple pouches tight enough and when I ran into a shooting position 2 mags just happen to pop out... I was glad I had x5 pouches that day!!

I think the DAA is a better belt. My CR speed...the velcro failed just over a year.

Buy once, cry once....

If you buy good now it will be years (or a gun change) before you change a gain.

CR speed pouches last forever....nobody replaces them... but if you want to try bullets out you may want to go with the 360's.