Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield custom comes through big

magpulled

I've got an RO that I shoot SS with and have been wanting to get front serrations. I checked with Akai but he was to busy even though I wasn't in a hurry for it. Binary engineering wouldn't touch it and neither would Gans guns. So I figured it couldn't be done until I called SA custom shop. They said they could do it and it would be 4-6 weeks once they got the gun. I shipped it on

5-5-15 and got the call it was ready on 5-19-15. It only took 2 weeks and they did and awesome job on the cuts and refinished the slide and it looks new again now. I will definitely deal with Springfield again in the future. Might send them the frame to undercut the trigger guard next.

E55CE118-16C0-4D8F-87FA-8A573FB40A9F.jpg

And am I the only one who thinks that they did a very unimpressive job on the refinishing?

Maybe I'm blind but that doesn't look "new", "fantastic" or "flawless" to me.

refinishing.jpg

Edited by KSwift

And am I the only one who thinks that they did a very unimpressive job on the refinishing?

Maybe I'm blind but that doesn't look "new", "fantastic" or "flawless" to me.

refinishing.jpg

Your eyes or my camera are playing tricks on you Boss. It looks new in person and i didn't wipe it with a cloth. I actually had just got done shooting it when I took the pic. Thanks for your input though.

Let's see a pic of it together on the frame. I have a RO and I was thinking of doing a carry cut (ala' Wilson) on mine because I have access to a mill and limited skills. But for $160, I'd rather have serrations.

I like the hyena a lot too. They standout a little more against the black. Bad thing is I probably have more invested in this gun than an sti rangemaster.

yeah, but the gun is built to your specs. If you don't like the stock magwell or grips on a rangemaster, you'd have to add those too.