Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Change Avatar function not working for local files

Two members recently had problems uploading an avatar, I tried it myself (using Safari) and I could not get it to work either when selecting a file that was stored on my laptop.

If I store that same file on my website and use a URL to upload the avatar then it works perfectly. I Stored the avatars for the two members having the same issue on my website and they were able to upload their image into their avatar using the URL method.

Two members recently had problems uploading an avatar, I tried it myself (using Safari) and I could not get it to work either when selecting a file that was stored on my laptop.

If I store that same file on my website and use a URL to upload the avatar then it works perfectly. I Stored the avatars for the two members having the same issue on my website and they were able to upload their image into their avatar using the URL method.

I experienced this on Linux using Firefox.

Also cannot load avatar from my MAC Book Pro using Safari

Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3)

If you can store it on a website then the URL option does work. If you don't have a site where you can store the avatar then you can attach it here and I can store it for you and provide a URL so you can import it from there.

Edited by BritinUSA

Thanks Paul.

For anything to happen with this... It'll probably take an (oh no!) upgrade.

I think they have the latest version of the IP Board software running on the USPSA forums, its very different in layout. Its growing on me a little, a very simple and uncluttered layout.

USPSA Forums are running IPS4 according to Rick (USPSA WebMaster) …

"IPS4 is no longer undergoing beta testing. We have an official Release of IPS4. The very minor issues are being fixed."

You should be able to get a sign-on to check it out, though you may need to renew your USPSA membership.

Edited by BritinUSA

post-47696-0-84439500-1433461347_thumb.j

Also cannot load avatar from my MAC Book Pro using Safari
Version 8.0.6 (10600.6.3)

If you can store it on a website then the URL option does work. If you don't have a site where you can store the avatar then you can attach it here and I can store it for you and provide a URL so you can import it from there.

Weird, for some reason cut-n-paste pulls up different file name:

try cut and past this instead or manually type it in

www.liveshots.net/downloads/m.png

I really appreciate your patience and working with me. This is the message I receive now: The file selected is too large. Max 100kB