Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maxed out Production Combat

Smitty79

A friend of mine is very left handed. He wants a CZ for USPSA Production and IDPA SSP. He really wants a left handed slide stop, so an SP-01 Shadow is out.

If he went to CZCustom, what mods should he get to a CZ85 Combat to get it as close to a tricked out Shadow as possible?

I'm thinking:

Comp Hammer
Original Combat trigger
Extended firing pin
11.5# hammer spring
Reduced power firing pin spring
Stainless mag brake
Stubby Stainless guide rod
Polish job equivalent to a 91030 Shadow

I'd get a fixed rear sight.

Not to dissuade your friend but I am also very left handed. I was a bit worried about this as well when I bought my TS but I soon realized I'd never needed to touch the slide stop on the clock anyways. My manual of arms had to be adjusted to the right handed stop but it in no way effected my shooting.

I am also very left handed. Tell your friend to get the SP01 Shadow and reverse the mag release. The slide stop is not needed for USPSA shooting. Should your friend mistakenly shoot to slide lock - just slam that full mag in - the slide will drop.

You can get a 85 combat to the same trigger as the Shadow Custom. I would add the 75 pre B disconnector or do a hand fit one. The only difference between the 85 Combat and the Shadow is ambi slide stop and no dust cover/rails. You might want to check with Stuart or David and find out if you can put the ambi slide stop on a Shadow or SP-01.