Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Cameron Cup

Hi all,

The Cameron Cup is scheduled for June 20, 2015 at Green Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. Entry forms and information are available on gvshoot.com. There is some change to the information. We are not limiting entries to 40 shooters and the start time has been changed to 9 a.m.

There seems to be some confusion over this 'postal' match. The Cameron Cup is a regional match hosted by the Green Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. The postal invitation is for the international clubs only and must be an organized club event, specifically for the Cameron Cup, hosted on the same weekend as the Cameron Cup.

There are no other rules on how each club handles the awards presentations, etc.

Hope to see you all at the shoot!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me at (573) 999-7644.

Thanks,

Helen

• 3 weeks later...

I had a GREAT time today. Great group of people, and thanks to Helen and the gang for putting everything together. I myself am new to AP but I brought 2 new shooters in who are already hooked, and I've got two more ready to get started. Shot my best production Barricade score at 455 (this is my second match ever, so maybe it isn't great, but I'm happy). Finished 2nd in my tiny field at 1600, can't quite put together those 1800 scores I get in practice. I'm thinking about getting an AP program going at the World Shooting and Recreation Complex which is near my place in southern IL, because they mostly focus on shotgun stuff.

I enjoyed visiting with John back when he and Lyn were there. I sometimes shoot the Cameron cup but have missed the last couple of years.

Nothing wrong with a 455 on barricade with production gun. Thanks for introducing new shooters to AP.