Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lightweight Non-Adjustable Gas Block?

jkrispies

Not cheap, but damn-- that's light!!!

I read their ad, and it says that titanium has 50% of the "thermal expansion coefficient" as steel for a tighter seal during high temp firing. I'm wondering, though, wouldn't you want the two parts to expand uniformly together? Just thinking outloud...

Edited by jkrispies

I read their ad, and it says that titanium has 50% of the "thermal expansion coefficient" as steel for a tighter seal during high temp firing. I'm wondering, though, wouldn't you want the two parts to expand uniformly together? Just thinking outloud...

I'm certainly no expert but I wouldn't think it would be an issue for 3 gun accuracy requirements, although I could see a precision shooter seeing an issue. FWIW JP's original adjustable GB is aluminum and so is their barrel heat sink and aluminum has way different expansion rates than steel. Also just thinking out loud...

I'm certainly no expert but I wouldn't think it would be an issue for 3 gun accuracy requirements, although I could see a precision shooter seeing an issue. FWIW JP's original adjustable GB is aluminum and so is their barrel heat sink and aluminum has way different expansion rates than steel. Also just thinking out loud...

Great point!

I mainly like the Carbon Arms as it clamps on the side, this means that it would be tightest on the top and bottom of barrel. Bottom of barrel isn't too important but the better seal you can get around the gas ports in barrel and gas block is very important IMHO.

The Carbon Arms Gas block is 1.6 ounces. The people who use it love it, especially the ones who had a poorly functioning rifle and the CA GB fixed the problems.