Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magnet for Production?

jbultman

I have the dilemma that everyone does in production. Where do put the mag that goes in the gun prior to the "make ready" command?? Question: I have a spare DAA magnet (i originally got from a buddy for some reason), can I put that on my belt somewhere for my spare mag? This will not be used between the "make ready" command and "unload and show clear" command. I know production says no magnets... What's the answer? Thanks!

I have the dilemma that everyone does in production. Where do put the mag that goes in the gun prior to the "make ready" command?? Question: I have a spare DAA magnet (i originally got from a buddy for some reason), can I put that on my belt somewhere for my spare mag? This will not be used between the "make ready" command and "unload and show clear" command. I know production says no magnets... What's the answer? Thanks!

I think you answered it yourself :)

"goes in the gun prior to the "make ready" command"...if you do that, you won't have to worry about a spare magazine :devil:

Edited by kmca

Defiantly use the magnet, preferably at nationals. If it puts you in open, pay the fee and arbitrate, then let us know how it turns out. I think this is the only way to get a truly definitive answer.

Edited by RJH

For IPSC Production I have my magnet behind my regular mag holders, and it is where I keep my stripper mag for the LAMR

That's my plan, any issues? Idk what the rule says about magnets in production in IPSC.

I keep my 11 rounder in the front mag pouch and a extra 10 rounder in my front pocket. At the LAMR I draw, dry fire a couple shots and load the mag like I would in a live mag change, go hot, holster the gun and the take the 10 rounder in my front pocket and put it in my front mag pouch

USPSA. Bump to open even prior to load and make ready command? I always thought it was between the 2 commands where the rules are enforced (per say)

Edited by jbultman

Defiantly use the magnet, preferably at nationals. If it puts you in open, pay the fee and arbitrate, then let us know how it turns out. I think this is the only way to get a truly definitive answer.

LOL !

For IPSC Production I have my magnet behind my regular mag holders, and it is where I keep my stripper mag for the LAMR

That's my plan, any issues? Idk what the rule says about magnets in production in IPSC.

Magnets are approved for IPSC production.

My thought on it was that if I had the stripper mag in my front pocket, might get grabby for it, which would put me to open. It is fine for it to stay in the front pocket, but if you touch it during the match, your bumped up as it is infront of your hips. So I didn't want to even risk it, and put it in the rear. Also when the LAMR command comes up, I get a practise reach for my last mag. Reminds me of my placement, and makes sure all my other mags are in their spots.

I have not had a single issue with it, and think it was one of my best purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
Magnets are approved for IPSC production.

My thought on it was that if I had the stripper mag in my front pocket, might get grabby for it, which would put me to open. It is fine for it to stay in the front pocket, but if you touch it during the match, your bumped up as it is infront of your hips. So I didn't want to even risk it, and put it in the rear. Also when the LAMR command comes up, I get a practise reach for my last mag. Reminds me of my placement, and makes sure all my other mags are in their spots.

I have not had a single issue with it, and think it was one of my best purchases.

Yes a magnet is fine for IPSC

Front pocket; No.

Your gear has to be behind your hip whether you use it or not.

Note it has to comply after the start signal (not after LAMR)

rule 6.2.5.1

So no problem with walking to the line with a mag on the magnet as long as it is removed before the start signal and the magnet itself is not in front of your hip.

IPSC only

Edited by BMaus

The OP stated it was for USPSA Production so no magnets. Front pocket is fine as long as you don't use it after buzzer and before ICHDH. If you put in your back pocket, it can be used without penalty during the COF. If you pick them off a table or similar, you still must comply with location restrictions except you may carry in the hand without penalty. If you have an empty chamber start, remember not to have a mag with you that has 11 rounds or at least download it.

Sent from the range

Gng thanks. I decided even though we can get a definitive answer because I have a couple sectional matches coming up on the next couple mouths. It's not worth it to try...im going to end up getting a limited gun here before winter so the magnet will go on that rig instead.