Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ TS 9mm Swap, Trouble Ejecting. Extractor Problems? Mags?

IrishPsych

I picked up a CZ TS 40 with an additional 9mm barrel and 9mm mags.

I loaded the 3 9mm mags it came with about 7 rounds to test fit and cycling. The rounds all struggled extracting. Some did and some didnt. I then read a lot on here that it could be an extractor issue that there's a separate 9mm extractor. I then read that some guys with TS 40's and 9mm barrels have no problem cycling 9mm rounds without changing extractors.

I'd prefer NOT to change the extractor so I can shoot both at the range.

I removed the extractor and filed down a section like this link showed. It helped a lot but still have a couple that didnt eject. I tried the rounds that didnt eject in a 9mm 1911 and an XDM 9mm and they ejected no problem.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=14695.0

Anything I can do to the current extractor? The gun came with a new spare extractor. They look the same BUT one as a single dimple on it and the other has 2 dimples on it. Do these dimples mean something? Like different extractors?

Could it be a magazine problem? The 40sw and 9mm mags came in pieces. I had to put them together. Do the 9mm and 40sw mags use the same springs and followers? I may have put the 9mm springs in the 40sw mag. The springs all looked the same to me. The mags I'm referring to are these in the middle of page.

http://czcustom.com/CZ-Magazines-Mags.aspx

Its a breech issue! the cut in the slide for the breech are different sizes, that is why you can not use a 9mm slide with a 40 barrel. Some people that have tried this have had good results, others not so much. If your breech face is cut on the lose side of specs. you are not going to have good results.

Its a breech issue! the cut in the slide for the breech are different sizes, that is why you can not use a 9mm slide with a 40 barrel. Some people that have tried this have had good results, others not so much. If your breech face is cut on the lose side of specs. you are not going to have good results.

Mine is the TS 40 with a 40 slide. 9mm barrel drops right in. Barrel fits tight and doesnt seem to need fitting.

Putting a 40 barrel in 9mm slide wont work AND the breech in a 9mm slide is too narrow from what I've read.

I can add the 9mm extractor to MY 40 TS slide but then might not be able to eject 40 rounds.

Edited by IrishPsych

I had the EXACT same problem. I tried everything that everyone suggested, but nothing worked 100%. I added an extractor spring and a half, and now it works 100%. I've shot probably 2500 9mm rounds since then and it extracts perfectly now. Try it, it works.

Its a breech issue! the cut in the slide for the breech are different sizes, that is why you can not use a 9mm slide with a 40 barrel. Some people that have tried to use 9mm in there .40 have had good results, others not so much. If your breech face is cut on the lose side of specs. you are not going to have good results.

Mine is the TS 40 with a 40 slide. 9mm barrel drops right in. Barrel fits tight and doesnt seem to need fitting.

Putting a 40 barrel in 9mm slide wont work AND the breech in a 9mm slide is too narrow from what I've read.

I can add the 9mm extractor to MY 40 TS slide but then might not be able to eject 40 rounds.

You missed the point. the breech face in the TS .40 is cut to large to reliable extract the 9mm case. it is hit or miss. if your slide was milled on the high side of specs, you will never get it right.