Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock slide cover plate

Rolex

Looking for a Glock slide cover plate- one that has been drilled and tapped with a set screw in the rear-

To put tension on the Glock extractor.

Any one know where one could find one- custom part I guess- SJC has them on their in house builds-

Looking for a Glock slide cover plate- one that has been drilled and tapped with a set screw in the rear-

To put tension on the Glock extractor.

Any one know where one could find one- custom part I guess- SJC has them on their in house builds-

I've seen them, just never for sale, actually super easy to make though.... Do I see a DIY project in your near future? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can buy them from SJC I think I saw them on there

I had SJC bookmarked, so I just checked. It appears the drilled and tapped back plate with set screws is only available as a SJC gunsmith service as a part of their extractor change out and tune service, primarily for 9 major guns. Price was listed as $120 for the whole swap. I could not find it listed anywhere else.

They replace the extractor bearing with one of metal then the two screw hold the plate in place and the 3rd is used to adjust the tension of the extractor itself. With 9mm Major the pressure is high and it takes a greater force to hold on and pull that case out.