Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Jr Revolver shooter from Texas

jdub05

Hello all..my jr shooter son just got his new 627 in today and is excited about learning how to shoot with a revo. He's been shooting production with a Glock 17 but wants to also learn the revolver. I hope to gain lots of knowledge from this forum.

post-58704-0-46167300-1432869904_thumb.j

Great! How old is he? Love the pride and excitement.

My 10 year old is already my shooting and hunting companion having gone with me to multiple matches and sat in fields with me dove hunting. He and I both look forward to shooting wheelguns together. The N frame is still big for him to safely/competently operate so I'm getting him started with steel challenge and a .22 pistol. (And it was a good excuse to buy a hot rod .22 from a buddy. :ph34r:) (And it seemed like a great reason for Daddy to also buy a hot rod open 627 from another buddy so my son can shoot my limited 627. :ph34r: :ph34r:) (I'm a giver.)

Edited by one-gun

My son is ten years old. He started shooting USPSA last fall with a Glock 17. I have always stressed safety as priority number one. A .22 is a great way to start em. BTW, my son is small for being ten years old. Your son may actually do better with the N frame than you think. Here is link to my son's facebook page with videos of him shooting USPSA local matches. Let your son watch some of the videos so he can see that he too can shoot center fire. https://www.facebook.com/pages/JW-Aguirre-competitive-shooter/1558460381056199?ref=settings

Great! How old is he? Love the pride and excitement.

My 10 year old is already my shooting and hunting companion having gone with me to multiple matches and sat in fields with me dove hunting. He and I both look forward to shooting wheelguns together. The N frame is still big for him to safely/competently operate so I'm getting him started with steel challenge and a .22 pistol. (And it was a good excuse to buy a hot rod .22 from a buddy. :ph34r:) (And it seemed like a great reason for Daddy to also buy a hot rod open 627 from another buddy so my son can shoot my limited 627. :ph34r: :ph34r:) (I'm a giver.)

• 5 years later...