Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Division Competition Holster for GP100?

Rudukai13

Looking for a holster that would fit a GP100, 6" barrel with red dot sight. I'd like to find one that's similar to most of the Open Division holsters that are very minimalistic - Think Safariland Model 014 (http://www.safariland.com/belt-slide/model-014-open-class-competition-holster-34340.html).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

First, consider the Bladetech Speed Rig. It's made specifically for the 6" GP 100 and should be good to go out of the box. Pretty inexpensive, too.

Second, consider the DAA Racemaster with the insert for the Smith N frame (625) and the muzzle support pieces for revolvers.

My 3" GP fits the n frame holster, but can work its way out with the lock on with some work. Adding the muzzle support pieces should stabilize the gun and keep it from working its way out under normal stress.

I think it would be fine without the supports for steel challenge type matches where just standing starts are required. I'd probably bag between stages, though.

I'm running the Racemaster with my 6" GP. I'm using the N frame insert but I don't have the muzzle support. I had an N frame fall out before, but I learned my lesson and check carefully after reholstering. I always lock it when moving. I think I unlocked it while sitting and bumped it when I stood up. I didn't realize it fell until someone pointed it out. It was embarrassing, but I still like the holster.

• 2 weeks later...