Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker staying in "fire" position on Glock 34

PrimaryBruce

Upon slide lock, the striker keeps staying in the "fire" position as seen in pic. If I reach under the slide and tap it it returns back to the normal position it's supposed to be in. It's not an intermittent thing, it does it every time. Gun specs as far as trigger work:

DK trigger and bar, Zev lightened striker, Wolff 4.5lb striker spring, Zev trigger spring and safety plunger spring.

Thoughts?

dOo7SVI.jpg

Clean the channel, make it bone dry. If that doesn't help, replace the striker assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Striker assembly and channel liner, etc are bone dry. Also keep in mind all these parts are 100% brand new. Edited by bruceg

Clean the channel, make it bone dry. If that doesn't help, replace the striker assembly.

Striker assembly and channel liner, etc are bone dry. Also keep in mind all these parts are 100% brand new.

That's one reason new parts have warranties. I'd try putting your old stock striker in and see if it still happens.

Striker assembly and channel liner, etc are bone dry. Also keep in mind all these parts are 100% brand new.

That's one reason new parts have warranties. I'd try putting your old stock striker in and see if it still happens.

Excellent advice.

Excellent advice.

Doing the exact same thing with OEM striker and OEM spring.

Could it be something with the DK trigger? I didn't adjust any of the pre travel or over travel. I installed it with the adjustments it came with. Not sure if the over travel or something could affect it?

Edited by bruceg

I would put it back completely stock. If it still does it, send it back to Glick for warranty repair. I know you probably don't want to hear that but that is all I got. Good luck.

I would put it back completely stock. If it still does it, send it back to Glick for warranty repair. I know you probably don't want to hear that but that is all I got. Good luck.

Gun has about 300 rounds through it pre DK trigger and striker, etc. It's fine stock. Beginning to believe it's the DK trigger. Edited by bruceg

The only other thing I can think of is maybe put in a call to the after- market guys (don't email) describing the issue. Maybe they might have some info for you.

This sucks, I hope you can get it sorted out.

Edited by JMike

Hm just put stock trigger in with stock striker and striker spring and it's still doing it. Now I'm really lost because I know for sure it was working fine. It was just cerakoted, but the channel liner was replaced because I sent the slide to the coated 100% stripped with channel liner removed and it was sent back with a brand new channel liner in it.

I feel stupid now. I should clarify. I know it's normal for the striker to be in that position, but what's happening is when I load a new mag and release the slide the striker protruding the breech is causing the round to jam under the striker.

Hm just put stock trigger in with stock striker and striker spring and it's still doing it. Now I'm really lost because I know for sure it was working fine. It was just cerakoted, but the channel liner was replaced because I sent the slide to the coated 100% stripped with channel liner removed and it was sent back with a brand new channel liner in it.

And the rest of the story comes out. :roflol: Sounds like the striker hole got coated too and the striker is too big for the hole and it's jamming in there. I'd take it apart, and with the barrel removed, try to put the tip of the striker into the hole from the outside. If there's any drag at all the hole needs to be enlarged.

And the rest of the story comes out. :roflol: Sounds like the striker hole got coated too and the striker is too big for the hole and it's jamming in there. I'd take it apart, and with the barrel removed, try to put the tip of the striker into the hole from the outside. If there's any drag at all the hole needs to be enlarged.
Not what's wrong.

I know this sounds simple and confusing, have you tried changing the spring cups? Might be causing drag, it seems from reading all the posts that this is one part that has remained constant throughout, I had a similar problem, but it was that the trigger bar was not engaging enough on the reset. Went to another bar and fixed the issue. Good luck.

I know this sounds simple and confusing, have you tried changing the spring cups? Might be causing drag, it seems from reading all the posts that this is one part that has remained constant throughout, I had a similar problem, but it was that the trigger bar was not engaging enough on the reset. Went to another bar and fixed the issue. Good luck.

Haven't tried new cups. Visually they look just fine. I mean they only have about 320 rounds on them, but who knows. It's a cheap thing to try. It seems to function correctly. I know it's normal for the striker to protrude out the breech face like that, then when the slide goes back forward and it catches the trigger bar, it pulls it back. Which it is doing. The problem is that somehow when I load and new mag and hit the slide release the round is wanting to jam under the striker that's sticking out.

Any luck yet in fixing it??

Seems fine now. I didn't do anything that would have "fixed" it, but I just kept letting the slide ride home and loading a round and at first it kept jamming the same way, underneath the protruding striker, but after some time it began loading the round properly. Still really don't know what the deal is but....