Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI open frame

tanfoglio1911

Just want to know if anyone here use their open STI frame for limited too. I am thinking if it is reasonable to just get a new slide or buy a whole new limited gun such as the Edge. I also wanted to know if there are any disadvantage or negative in using the same frame of my open gun. Thanks

It is possible. Freedom Gunworks offered a package that came with a 9mm open top end with a Leupold deltapoint slide mounted and a 40 cal limited top end. He claimed ejector tuning was a non-issue. I would imagine it would be easier to do this from the start though as both slides could be fit to the frame perfectly

I had a 9mm barrel fitted for an open gun, along with dovetails cut in the slide. So when I want it for limited minor or 3 gun, I take off the c-more, put the sights in the cuts, & swap barrels. Runs super. It's an IBF SV slide, so I guess I could have a 40 barrel fitted to it too.

This is my truBor in disguise. I'm not sure if it is detrimental to the gun or not but it functioned well.

It is a Trojan top end. I don't think it is cost effective to have a top end built for a frame you already have.

20150418_141401_zpsvkbgf9pu.jpg

Nice! Is this in 40? So single stack top end will work on a double stack too? Where did you purchased the top end Trojan? Thanks

This is my truBor in disguise. I'm not sure if it is detrimental to the gun or not but it functioned well.

It is a Trojan top end. I don't think it is cost effective to have a top end built for a frame you already have.

20150418_141401_zpsvkbgf9pu.jpg

I already owned the complete Trojan.

Both guns are 38 super but a 40 should work If the ejector and mags suit.

The fit is hit and miss. My newer Trojan won't fit but the old one shown is fine.

Thanks for the info.