Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm reloading on dillon press vs single stage

Doctor

the dillon is progressive, my rcbs is single stage and for the rcbs, i used one shot, deprimed and then tumbled and did the rest of the reloading.for the dillon, should i tumble first, then use the one shot and do the rest of the process? But that leaves the one shot on without cleaning. what is the correct way to do the reload

geoffrey radoff

Personal preference. For me I tumble, use one-shot, load, tumble. I load on a Dillon 650.

I do the same thing, except I use homemade lube made out of Iso-Heet and liquid lanolin. I only tumble the loaded rounds for about 15 minutes.

the dillon is progressive, my rcbs is single stage and for the rcbs, i used one shot, deprimed and then tumbled and did the rest of the reloading.for the dillon, should i tumble first, then use the one shot and do the rest of the process? But that leaves the one shot on without cleaning. what is the correct way to do the reload

geoffrey radoff

You're making life hard on yourself. Pistol brass - tumble from range, lube lightly w/OS if desired, let dry, load. Leave it on or tumble loaded rounds briefly, done.