Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best wet tumbler (with stainless steel media) to clean 500 9mm brass e

MilkMyDuds

Hello,

I have been using the Harbor Freight dual-drum wet tumbler that can hold 1 lb of brass in each drum (each drum can hold up to 3 lbs of stuff, with 1 lb media, 1 lb water and 1 lb brass). That basically translates into about 250 9mm brass each tumbling cycle.

I am looking to double that capacity, e.g. 500 9mm brass each cycle. Can someone please suggest web tumblers that best meet my needs?

Thanks.

Make yourself a container out of 4" sewer pipe that just fits where the 2 original ones go. I started with a Lortone 33B - about the same thing you have - and it holds 4lbs of pins and around 4.5 lbs of brass (depends on size of case) and however much water to fill.

PM me if you would like a pic or two and dimensions - length - of pipe.

• 2 weeks later...

You might consider a Harbor Freight cement mixer. They put them on sale frequently. I use mine (smaller red unit) with nut hulls with absolutely great results but have a friend that uses the smaller (red) version and cranks out commercial quantities of perfectly cleaned bright polished brass. He uses the ss media and a proprietary mixture of detergent and lemon juice. Nut hulls and NuFinish car polish produces a screaming bright polished finish that does not tarnish. Also have a friend that uses the larger (orange) mixer and it is also a commercial quantity unit. Dry polish here, too.

• 5 weeks later...

I think of all the units available the Frankford Aresenal is the best value going. It does a superb job, and I run mine a lot. Usually 32 lbs total loaded weight with water, brass and soap. That's 9mm right to the neck.