Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which trigger pin?

brian45acp

I asked this in someones thread so I figure I should start my own.

So the 2 pins I know of are the CGW floating pin and the CZC tapered pin. A walking pin would drive me nuts but there must be a reason people are going crazy about them. Why not use the tapered pin? What concerns me about tapered pins is the pin deforming or enlarging the frame hole. I am not sure thats a valid concern or not but I would imagine a solid pin could do that.

I dont care for the lighter trigger spring and would use the CZC for the most solid reset possible. If the floating pin is the best option could it be used with the CZC trigger spring?

CGW's Floating Trigger Pin can be used with any trigger return spring. It just makes life easier for future TRS replacements.

Mine has never "walked", but even if it does, it's not coming out, so no worries. The floating pin is nice, allows easy replacement at a match if the TRS should break.

Maybe some high polish where the sprig rides and a drop of oil would also help keep it from walking. Seems some guys say it walks and most say it doesn't.

What about the taper pin? I would rather know the pin is in solid and I have 2 sp-01's so 1 is a back up in the car. I would just grab it if I had a part failure. I just worry about over sized pins enlarging the hole on the frame. Maybe I just answered my own question, lol.

I don't really know how Cgw's floating pin could walk. It's larger on the sides than the middle so the trigger return spring keeps pressure on the center. This is for sure the way to go, makes life so much easier. With the slave pin they provide, it's possible to change the trigger return spring without removing the seat cage or any of that other stuff, saves tons of time.

It doesn't really walk but settles. once it settles its not going to be perfectly even on both sides but once it settles it doesn't move anymore unless you keep trying to center the pin. then it will go back to finding it's resting point again.

That's the part that might drive my OCD crazy is if it's off to one side more then the other. Anyone have a pic of it?

Funny I called today and asked about it. I asked if they would trust it on a CCW gun. He kept asking "are you serious" lol. I thought he was talking to someone in the shop. He was so funny and obviously passionate about his product so much that my question came off redicolous.

It seems you guys all really like it and I have yet to see anyone suggest the czc tapered pin. Maybe that's a clue to me but I would love to see how much it settles to one side vs the other. Perhaps as I mentioned polishing the area the spring rides and keeping a drop of oil on it will make it happy.

Edited by brian45acp

Trust me, go with the CGW pin. I've used both. The CZC pin gets deformed on the side that you bang on to install the pin. Yea the CGW pin settles sometimes to one side buts it's not going anywhere because of the trigger return spring riding in the thinner middle section. While you're at it you should order one of their trigger return springs as the factory return spring WILL break. 4 shots into a match and had 1 break!! Like others have said, the floating pin makes life a ton easier when you have to change a return spring.

Doesn't look bad. I'm paranoid about the solid pin enlarging the frame hole. The stock pin isn't in tight and rotates as well with trigger pull making me think the floating pin is perhaps better idea

Thanks for the pics

Edited by brian45acp