Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Washing Bore snakes

Alamstutz

This is maybe a silly question but I suspect someone will have a good and simple answer. I am wondering how to wash my bore snakes in the washing machine without getting them hopelessly tangled or, worse yet getting them washed down the drain. Solutions??

I use a mesh bag like TennJeep1618 shows in post #2.

The cords will still get a bit tangled in the dryer, but I wash four of them together. Still not hard to separate.

Don't wash them with other stuff, you don't want residue on your undies.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I'd never put a bore snake in the washing machine ! One of those bronze bristles could end up in my underdungers :goof:

I use an empty plastic icecream bucket with very hot water and strong floor cleaning detergent. Soak overnight.

I'd never put a bore snake in the washing machine ! One of those bronze bristles could end up in my underdungers :goof:

I use an empty plastic icecream bucket with very hot water and strong floor cleaning detergent. Soak overnight.

Isn't that what laudromats are for???? That and shop rags :devil:

I agree, If I put anything in the washer with oil on it, it will leave a slight ring around the tub. It wipes right off, but if I ever forget to clean it I'm dead meat.