Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide Racker for STI 2011 with C-more

billy396

I've been trying to track down a slide racker for my open gun (a 9MM STI 2011 with C-more). I've heard stories about a 'smith somewhere who manuractures one that uses no screws and also that this particular slide racker can be removed and replaced very easily by some sort of spring-loaded mechanism. Presently, I have to grab the slide from the rear with my thumb and forefinger and pull back. Since my pistol is set up to never lock the slide back on an empty chamber, this becomes somewhat tiring since I have worsening arthritis. Does anyone know of a place where I could have my pistol modified with such a mechanism, or even any other slide racking assist that would place less stress on my fingers and wrist? And again, I'd like to thank all of the members of this forum and the admins, as well. There are precious few places where one can get technical info and help regarding these open guns, or at least not that I know of.

You are talking about ball detent. Any good smith with a mill can fit a racker to your gun. There are several types and lengths to choose from that have various dovetail sizes so you will have to get the racker and send the slide and racker to him. I always recommend Matt Cheely but he is so busy with custom builds he is not accepting smaller jobs currently.

But like I said any good smith can do this quite easily so there is probably somebody local to you that can knock it out pretty quickly. Just go to a match and ask around

My CK Arms open gun has the ball detent type you are looking for.

The C is Cheely as Sarge describes.

http://www.ckarms.com/

Looking at the website they don't sell them seperate, maybe give them a call or shoot them an email.

You may be able to buy it and take it to a smith.

Edited by amp

When you have your smith do the work, tell him not to cut all the way through your slide. It will leave a curved place at the end of the cut from the turning of the mill. Then take the slide racker and round it off to match then you don't have this ugly looking cut on the right side of your gun.

Another vote for the Zig! I have switched over most of my guns to it now and love it. I have went through many slide rackers and this is by far the best out there. Remember there are two models (a long and a short), one for vertical mounts and one for horizontal mounts.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...