Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

APEX FSS and CAEK trigger swap

Langenator

I have a M&P Julie Golob model that came with an Apex FSS, and I just bought a Pro 9L that has a CAEK installed.

I want to swap the triggers to use the 9L for 3-gun and the JG for IDPA. I've never done any trigger work on M&Ps (or any pistols for that matter.)

What tools do I need to do the swap?

First, you need to keep the FSS trigger and sear in the same pistol, if you move the trigger from the JG to the 9L, you need to move the sear as well (it's a geometry thing). Look at the Apex Tactical videos http://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/random-apex/apex_fss_install/ Tools? a punch for the spring pins that hold the trigger and sear blocks into the frame, and a slave pin to re-install the trigger pin.

I am in a similar boat. One of my MP9 pros has APEX competition kit + RAM installed. Now I am planning to add the APEX FSS trigger to it. Does anyone know if I can simply purchase the trigger and swap the stock trigger out? Or do I need to buy the whole APEX FSS trigger "kit"? Looks like the FSS trigger requires a special sear to work. Not sure if that sear has already been included in the APEX competition kit. Anyone knows? Thanks.

The sear in the comp kit is not the same that you use with the Forward set sear trigger system.

Thanks. Do you know if swapping in the FSS trigger + the sear will change the characteristics of the existing APEX competition kit behavior, such as trigger pulls, etc?

Edited by MilkMyDuds