Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Frame/Slide Cracks?

d_striker

seen a slide crack. couple of year ago. have not seen any since then.

No slide issue, just too light of recoil springs being used.

have not seen a frame crack

Edited by eerw

seen a slide crack. couple of year ago. have not seen any since then.

No slide issue, just too light of recoil springs being used.

have not seen a frame crack

Any issue with running a 10lb spring for 130pf ammo?

Btw-thanks again for the shadow target. It's amazing. Still getting used to DA but I'm getting a feel for it. Joey was right, these guns are life changing.

I've run a 10lb CZ Custom spring at 130pf for thousands of rounds with no problems at all to the slide or frame (xtreme bullets with Winchester WST, SP-01 accushadow & shadow frame w/ TS slide.) I've also used an 8lb wolf spring for 3 gun with no issues, just long slide delay which felt too slow

Make sure, especially with the lighter 10/11 lb recoil springs, that they're changed periodically. Already being light, once they wear out, the gun takes a beating. Slide stop usually is the casualty, but I've seen the bottom of a slide break clean off.

Make sure, especially with the lighter 10/11 lb recoil springs, that they're changed periodically. Already being light, once they wear out, the gun takes a beating. Slide stop usually is the casualty, but I've seen the bottom of a slide break clean off.

After how many rounds do you change your recoil springs?

After how many rounds do you change your recoil springs?

I typically change mine out every 3 to 5k or at least once a year if I shoot the gun regularly.

What PF loads and what weight spring?

Did you change your recoil spring regularly?

130-133 PF. 11# recoil spring. Changed it regularly.

When i spoke with CZ they said they had seen it before, not common, but it has happened. They think it was probably a bad batch of slides. Basically "shit happens". they replaced for free. So i was satisified.

I've seen a slide fracture like that as well. At some point a while back the factory got the tempering temp or time wrong (just a guess) and some older ones do this. Luckily you will get a nice new one as a replacement... CZ is good like that.