Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 gun heavy

FireShooter

What gun would y'all recommend for 3 gun heavy under $2500? I was looking at the new Armalite 3 gun 13.5"bbl? Any thoughts. Or would y'all go with something different?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I am partial to the JP, the $2500 budget won't buy you one. For that price, I would go with either the DPMS G2, Georgia Precision, or a POF. For the DPMS, I would get the hunter model and cut the barrel down to 18". Both the GP and POF can be found new for that price, if you shop around. All 3 of those rifles have their strengths and will serve you well.

I had the same questions last fall and decided on the DPMS GII Hunter as mentioned in earlier posts. Added a few go fast parts, adj gas block, AR gold trigger, 15" handguard etc. I was going to cut/crown the barrel down to 18" but it shot so well I just threaded and added a brake instead and the thing just runs and runs.

Primary Weapon Systems also sells a matched upper and lower that I used to complete a 308 build. Very tight fit with no play and you can build exactly how you want. Very reasonably priced too!!!!

I have a 13" Armalite in .223 and love it. Tommy Thacker built a true off the shelf race rifle, adjust the gas block & hit the gas

If I was going to shoot Heavy division then I would get the same thing in .308, maybe even stick with the shorty!