Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM - small uneventful anniversary

Czman

Just checked my round count and my first CM (nick name Blue) just finished its small 5K anniversary. Still looks like new and I am hoping to shoot it for a very long time!

Has eaten all sorts of ammo so far - factory, commercial reloads, home grown reloads. Have had just one jam, caused by me - shooting with my weak hand for the first time in my life and I could not control the frame enough. Otherwise exceptionally flawless. Very impressed! Every CZ I have owned has been flawless like this - PO1, BD, SP-01..

11 lb recoil, rest are factory springs and I am going to continue with the Limited minor set up. I am beginning to think about perhaps replacing the recoil and FP spring just because. I think the FP spring is a reduced power RAMI spring, need to check. Anybody know for sure?

Edited by Czman

11 lb feels lighter than factory - so perhaps both my CM's were 14 lb to 15 lb recoil as shipped from the factory. where did you get the 10 lb recoil info from?

I just spoke with CZ USA after trying multiple times.

FP is pre B standard, and main spring is also 75 standard.

Edited by Czman

Update - CZ USA was incorrect (on the phone) regarding the FP spring for my CM. I pulled out the original (as came installed) and it is definitely a RAMI FP spring. I compared this spring after about 5k rounds, and it is a little over 22 mm and 0.53 mm thick. Brand new RAMI spring is about 24 mm and 0.53 mm thick, while the 75 standard FP spring is about 19 mm and 0.67 mm thick. Just in case anybody needs this info. I just replaced my FP spring and recoil spring to mark the 5k anniv.

I measured the CM's recoil spring and it was 10.0 lbs. CZC's 11 lbs was 10.8 lbs and CZ Shops 11 lbs was 13.1 lbs.

I've seen several RAMI springs from CZC and CZ Shop. They have been 13 - 14 coils, 23.8 - 24.2 mm long, 0.50 - 0.55 mm wire diameter and 5.14 - 5.15 mm outer diameter. The spring in my 2010 built CM is 13 coils, 22.3 mm, 0.60 mm and 5.18 mm. There seem to be some variation in this.

The CM's main spring is lighter than in SP-01 Shadow. I haven't measured it, but it can be clearly felt. I just locked my magwell tightly and not going to open it any time soon.